iOS 8 will arrive with 5 new features
Tomorrow, September 17, 2014, the new version of the mobile operating system will finally be officially available Apple, iOS 8, for all users after 19:00 (Spanish time). About this new operating system and its evolution, which we have had the opportunity to talk on several occasions thanks to the various tests carried out with the different beta versions of iOS 8 that he has been publishing Apple since its presentation.
Apart from all the news that will include the new iOS of the Californian firm, There are 5 functions that are really interesting and worth highlighting since these will make you like the new operating system more.
Thanks to this new feature applications can now integrate widgets that can be viewed through the same Notification Center on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. For example, apps could show us specific information through the widget, real-time data. This will make your viewing simple and much faster.
Another news included by Apple in iOS 8 that mainly affects developers and then users is the extensions. In fact, now applications can communicate with each otherOn the one hand we can see how the functionalities of some apps will be accessible in others and, in addition, it will finally be possible to share documents, photos and videos between the various applications.
The new iOS 8 will include various types of extensions, among these we can find:
- Today: are the Widgets that we mentioned above and that will appear through the Notification Center showing specific information.
- Share: will allow sharing information between one application and another, such as photos, links and documents. This is similar to what is currently happening with Twitter Y Facebook, accessible from each application, now this will be possible with any application that includes the extension.
- Photo editing: Thanks to this extension it will be possible to edit a photo directly from the gallery, using the tools offered by third-party applications that we have installed on the iPhone or iPad.
- Storage: This way it will be possible to archive the documents and upload them with other services such as Dropbox, OneDrive and iCloud.
- Keyboard: Now developers can create their own keyboards, which users can install directly from the App Store and will be configured directly from the phone settings as a new keyboard.
- Actions: This could be one of the most interesting extensions as it will allow us to use functions of one application directly in another. That is, we can open Safari and click on the Google Translate extension, which will allow us to view the already translated page.
Now it will be possible to interact with notifications, these will appear as small widgets temporarily. This will allow us, for example, to respond to a notification by clicking on the notification that appears at the top of the screen.
This new feature will arrive tomorrow integrated into iOS 8 and will allow the user the ability to write and respond to a message really quickly. This solution, available on other platforms, finally reaches the mobile devices of Apple and will be implemented through the new iOS 8.
With QuickType some keywords will be suggested on the screen and we can use them very simply by clicking on them. In the beginning, it is likely that the system is not very effective because it is based on our customs. However, it is not a cause for concern since this new keyboard learns quickly.
Thanks to this new service of Apple, With Continuity we will have the ability to integrate all the functions of the iPhone, iPad and Mac together.. With this new option we can answer or make calls comfortably through our Mac or iPad using our iPhone remotely. In addition, we will also be able to send normal SMS directly from new iPad or Mac also using our iPhone.
Also, with Continuity, we can give more continuity to our documents since we will be able to start writing an email through Mail on the iPhone or iPad and continue with it from the Mac and vice versa, in a completely transparent way. The same will happen with other documents made in Pages, Numbers, Keynote, etc.
There are only hours left to be able to Enjoy all these new features of iOS 8 on all compatible devicessuch as the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPod touch 5G, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini Retina.