At the dawn of Internet development, search engines only developed their ranking algorithms, and the quality of search results was much worse than it is now. To find the necessary information, users sometimes had to navigate through multiple pages of search results.
To improve the quality of the results, Google has developed a PageRank Link Classification Algorithm. The principle of his work is based on assigning a page rating to a site, which shows the level of his authority among all others.
Of course, one of your tasks as a new blog owner is to constantly increase your credibility, both with the help of interesting content and with the help of links. In this article, we will talk about the most effective methods to increase the number of authorized links to your blog.
How to get authority links for your blog
What you need to know before you start
In order for your blog link profile to be natural, it is recommended that you create it:
- The mass of the site link should be based on the principle of "less quantity, more quality". That is, you should not chase the quantity, it is more important to worry about the quality of the references that refer to you. A natural link profile, consisting of just a dozen links, will bring far more benefits than a hundred cheap ones received from the blacklisted exchange.
- You can increase the mass of the link to the site very quickly, but as already mentioned, this will have negative consequences. Therefore, you should start increasing the number of links smoothly, little by little. For starters, even a few daily natural links in forums, reviews, or comments on various authorized resources will suffice.
- The increase in the mass of links on the site must be regular, without interruptions; If you decide to receive 10 daily links, then this schedule should be observed for 2-4 months until your blog reaches the desired top of the search engine results. The slightest rest in a few days will immediately provoke suspicions of the legality of its promotional methods.
So let's talk about legal and effective methods.
1. Internal link
To advance to the top of the search results, at the initial stage it is not necessary to buy links. It is possible to use the old way effectively: Internal link of pages. Link to internal pages of the site by anchoring the exact occurrences of the search query on the promoted page and the entries that will help promote the page in a low frequency query. The most important thing in the internal link is that the linked page must have a similar and relevant topic.
It is no secret that the internal link of the site indirectly contributes to the general promotion. Simply insert a block with similar articles at the bottom of the page and immediately increase the number of visits. And time spent on the site or behavioral factors will play a role.
2. Natural links
These links appear naturally. You don't need to buy such links or search for sites independently using free methods. We recommend that you consider this method as a long-term perspective, and always remember this opportunity when creating content.
As a rule, natural bonds appear very rarely. To do this, your article or articles must be of high quality and most important to users. Then another user may want to share unique material with others by placing a link.
3. Guest posting
This is one of the first ways to build massive links to a new site or blog. However, it is still valid. The essence of the method is simple and understandable: You post your article on another platform, which is partly similar to your topic, and your target audience has roughly the same characteristics as yours.
The most important point here is to find a suitable platform, and it is better to do it with the help of a specialized service, for example, the Adsy.
Of course, the guest article must contain a link to your blog's home page or any of your articles. This can be done in the following ways.
- Make an appointment. In other words, a guest article should speak directly about you as an expert in a specific niche and should also provide content on your behalf. For example, you, as an expert and owner of the blog (link to a blog), recommend doing this or that or, conversely, avoiding / doing it differently.
- Indicate your authorship and write a short biography. The post-article biography in the guest post is a short story about you and your activity, of course, with the appeal of reading more of your articles directly on your blog.
- Include your blog in the list of useful resources. For example, this could be an article that provides an overview of the most interesting and valuable blogs for travelers. One of the review points should be on your blog.
This is also a pretty good way, but the amount of links received won't be amazing, get ready for this.
The idea is that you are announcing the launch of your blog among your subscriptions in Instagram o Facebook and, to participate in the contest, ask users to add a link to your blog in their profiles, websites or blogs.
The advantage of the method is that you definitely get some of the targeted traffic with good behavioral factors, which will positively affect SEO. But the downside is that all published links are likely to be temporary, and most of their subscribers will remove them after the end of the contest.
5. Social network links
And since we are talking about social networks, it is necessary to mention links to them, which, however, should be considered in this context only conditionally. The reason for this is very simple. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter They are private links that are not indexed by search engines. Your task is to attract real visitors, increase the recognition of the resource and the number of mentions about it, and not promote the site for one or another search query.
Therefore, even thousands of links from a social account are unlikely to improve the page ranking. On the other hand, this particular job may very well help create a sustainable blog audience and attract interested readers.
Therefore, we recommend that you consider the following points when developing your strategy to increase the number of authorized links. Content quality should always come first, otherwise even the most links won't help. Then start an active promotion on social media. And when your blog becomes popular and recognizable, it will be much easier and cheaper for you to accept the guest post.
Read the list of over 110 best free guest posting sites 2020 (High DA)