Acer announced in Brazil the launch of the Swift 5 notebook (SF514-55TA-519P). The equipment is the first laptop in the country with the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass technology, which provides protection against a series of bacteria, guarantees the brand. The company hopes to serve the public that has become more demanding with cleaning surfaces due to the covid-19 pandemic. The suggested price of the equipment is R$ 8,799.
The antimicrobial solution is 99.9% proven effective and covers the chassis surface, touchscreen, top cover, keyboard and touchpad. To ensure long-term cleanliness, the notebook has been coated with silver ions, which increase protection against microorganisms. The technology, patented and tested in the laboratory, is guaranteed to be resistant to the glass and, according to Acer, can resist deep scratches.
Main features of Swift 5
The Acer Swift 5 has an ultra-slim design, with a thickness of 14.95mm. The 14-inch FHD touch-sensitive screen has Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080) and a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
The notebook comes equipped with 11th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, 512GB (SSD) of M.2 PCIe storage, and an Intel Iris Xe Graphics card with shared memory with the RAM memory.
With a royal green magnesium alloy chassis with gold accents, the notebook weighs about 1 kg. The equipment has a Li-Ion battery with 4 cells, capable of providing an autonomy of up to 17 hours, according to Acer.
- Operational system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 quad-core (4.20 GHz)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM LPDDR4X up to 4266 Mhz (2 x 4 Dual-Channel Welded)
- Storage: 512GB SSD PCIe 3.0NVMe x4 (M.2 2280)
- Screen: 14” FHD Touchscreen IPS (1920 x 1080)
- Audio: DTS® and Acer TrueHarmony™
- Graphics Card: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics with shared memory with RAM memory
- Network: Wi-Fi 6 2×2 MU-MIMO