An error in Android 10 enables screen uninstallation
During this week we are in luck for several reasons. Beyond the terrible return of the holidays, all of us who love technology have in Android 10 A great cause for joy. The stable version is available for Google Pixel, the manufacturers announce their plans to update and we have even tested it in a OnePlus 7 Pro. Of course, it may be a stable version as it seemed.
Android 10 is official: the 10 star features of the new versionGoogle has already published the latest version of Android, known as Android 10. We tell you what are its 10 most important news.
As you have discovered in this Reddit thread, Android 10 saves a curiosity in the form of error within the screen options. As if it were one more application, this hardware element is identified by the system as any app; so it gives the option of open the screen and even uninstall it. Obviously, neither one thing nor the other can be done.
Android 10 identifies hardware components as applications and gives the option to uninstall them
As is obvious, it will not uninstall the screen of a phone just by pressing a virtual button, but it is still surprising that Google has not paid attention to this detail considering that Android 10 is already a stable version. Also, this happens only in Google Pixel: in the Android 10 beta of OnePlus 7 Pro does not happen.
To see the error we are talking about you just have to do the following:
- Go to the settings of your Pixel and go to the battery options.
- Go into "Battery usage»(Top menu of the three points).
- Click on the top menu and then on «Show full device usage«.
- You will see that the consumption of all the elements appears, both installed and system apps, including hardware components. Go into "screen«.
- Within the screen options, the «Uninstall»Or opening, as in any application. Even the time the screen has been used in the background, something totally absurd: it is impossible to turn on the phone panel without using it.
- The error is also reflected in other hardware elements, such as WiFi or mobile network: Android 10 enables the button to uninstall them.
What happens when you press on uninstall? The settings are hung, nothing more. With another curious detail: if you click on «Open» the application that runs is Google Photos. This error is nothing more than a curiosity without too much scope, but surely Google will correct it in future updates of its Pixel.