Happy World Tourism Day! In collaboration with the United Nations and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), we will celebrate the first event of World Tourism Day in Pokémon GO. During the next week, we will pay tribute to the exploration with a special event in the game.
The new features will appear from September 26, 2019 at 22:00 CEST (13:00 PDT, GMT −7).
- New t-shirt! Check out the new shirt of the United Nations World Tourism Organization available at the Fashion Store.
- Pokémon available in the hatching of Eggs limited by region! The following Pokémon will appear in the 5km Eggs in their respective real-world regions: Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Tropius, Relicanth, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., Chatot, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Heatmor and Durant.
Features from Thursday, September 26, 2019, at 22:00 CEST (13:00 PDT, GMT −7) to Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at 22:00 CEST (13:00 PDT, GMT – 7).
- Mime Jr., the Pokémon Mimo, will make its debut in Pokémon GO! It will be available in 5 km eggs in Europe. With a little luck, you can get a Mime Jr. variocolor.
- Variocolor rival Pokémon sighted! If you are lucky, you can see a Zangoose or a Serviper variocolor appear wild in their respective real-world regions.
- Less expense of Stardust in exchanges! Exchanging Pokémon will cost 1/4 of Star Dust less.
- Turn Poképaradas to get extra PX! By turning Poképaradas during this event you will get double PX.
- New ones will be available special subject field research tasks for a limited time during this event.
Augmented reality technology is changing the way we travel and perceive new places. At the Pokémon GO Fest Chicago 2019, people from 68 different countries and regions visited us. In the Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund 2019, half of the visitors were international and came from 90 different countries and regions. UNWTO's mission is to promote and accommodate responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism and we are very proud to collaborate with an organization that shares our exploration and adventure values.
Keep track of these maxims so that your trips are enriching for you, the people you know and the places you visit, let's GO!