Photoshop allows you to print your work directly from the application. Sometimes the print function in Photoshop may not work properly. Full Photoshop error says An error occurred while opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any document.
Is there a problem with Photoshop when opening your printer? Solve it today by resetting printer preferences. By resetting the printer preferences to default values, Photoshop should be able to access the printer again. Alternatively, you can change the default printer or apply the registry fix. Finally, make sure the printer driver is up to date.
Follow the instructions below to correct the error in question.
Photoshop not printing? Learn how to fix it here
- Reset printer preferences
- Change default printer
- Registry correction
- Update the printer driver
1. Reset printer preferences
This error can occur due to corrupt configuration settings for Photoshop printing function. You can solve this problem by resetting the printing preferences for Photoshop. Here is how to do it:
- Quit Photoshop if it is running.
- Start Photoshop again and open the file you want to print.
- Click on the Menu file And go to Print. Do not click Print, just hover your mouse over the Print option.
- Now press and hold the Space bar key for a few seconds
- This should reset the printer preferences for Photoshop. After a successful reset, you will see a print settings dialog box.
- Continue printing the document and see if the error is resolved.
2. Change default printer to correct Photoshop error when opening printer
Users have reported that changing their default printer in printer settings to another and changing it to the default printer has fixed the issue. This should work if there is a technical problem with the Adobe printing feature. This is what you should do:
- Start Photoshop and open the document you want to print.
- Press "Ctrl + P“To open the Print dialog box.
- In the print settings, click the Printer option and select a different printer from the list. Click on Ready OK to save the changes.
- Quit and restart Photoshop.
- Open print settings and change your working printer as default printer. Click Ok, done to save the changes.
If that doesn't work, in Windows, to go Home> Settings> Devices> Printer and scanner
Change the default printer to another. Make sure to set your job printer as default again in Photoshop's Print option and check for improvements.
Is your printer making a strange noise? Quick fix with this guide!
3. Registry fix for Photoshop error on opening printer
- press Windows + R to open Run
- Kind Regedit and hit enter.
- In Registry Editor, go to the following location
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER computer Adobe Photoshop Elements 16.0 software
- Right click on 16.0 folder and select “New> DWORD Value (32 bit) ".
- Rename the new value as OverridePhysicalMemoryMB.
- Double click OverridePhysicalMemoryMB.
- In the new dialog, select "Decimal" below the Base section.
- For Value data, enter a numeric value of megabyte according to the physical memory (RAM) of your system. if you have 4GB memory, enter 4000 and to 8GB get in 8000.
- Click OK to save the changes.
4. Update the printer driver
Try updating the driver from Device Manager and see if that resolves the error.
- Kind Device administrator in the search bar and click Device administrator.
- In Device Manager, scroll down to Print queues and expand it.
- Right-click on the problematic printer and select "Update Driver"
- Choose " Automatically check for updated driver softwareOption.
- Windows now it will search for any new update and install it automatically.
- Restart the PC, start Photoshop and set the printer as default in Printer Options.
If the problem persists, try to download and install the driver manually. You can download the latest driver from your printer manufacturer's website. That should fix the Photoshop error when opening the printer forever.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: