Moments of glory for Samsung after the launch of the new ones Galaxy Note10. After DxOMark decreed Note10 + 5G as the best camera phone, the screen recognition awards arrive note10 + from DisplayMate: according to his analysts it is the best that can be adopted on a smartphone.
Note10 +: refresh rate is not everything
Lately, when it comes to describing the display of a smartphone, one of the first features referred to is the refresh rate: the higher it is, the more automatically users are inclined to believe that the quality of the panel is high. This is not exactly the case, a screen has other features to respect in order to be considered the top.
The has shown the Dynamic AMOLED (of type Infinity-O) on board of Galaxy Note10 +, which does not have a refresh rate of who knows how many Hz, but – according to DisplayMate – it is still the best currently available on the market. Here because:
- Maximum absolute color accuracy (0.4 JNCD) – visually indistinguishable from the perfect;
- maximum precision of image contrast and intensity scale (range 2.17) – visually indistinguishable from perfection;
- minimum difference in color accuracy and intensity scale accuracy with respect to APL image content (0.8 JNCD) – visually indistinguishable from perfect;
- minimum difference in image contrast and intensity scale with respect to APL image content (0.03 gamma) – visually indistinguishable from perfection;
- minimum variation of the peak brightness with respect to the content of the APL image (6%);
- maximum brightness in full screen compared to other OLED displays (793 nit at 100% APL);
- maximum peak brightness;
- absolute widest range of colors;
- minimum reflectance of the screen (4.3%);
- maximum evaluation for the contrast guaranteed with respect to ambient light;
- excellent viewing angles;
- maximum perceivable screen resolution, or 3K (3040 × 1440). 4K doesn't look visually sharper on a smartphone.
The complete analysis performed by DisplayMate is available at this address.