Google releases two major Translator and Maps updates for iOS devices
The guys from Google yesterday released important updates for two of their best and most used applications for iPhone and iPad. These new versions are sure to be liked mainly by users who usually go on a trip. We talk about Google Translator and Google Maps, know all their news and download them below.
Since Mountain View have launched a Google Translate update through which, among other novelties, it will be possible to use the iPhone camera to know in our language and in real time, what it says, while for Google Maps now new filters have arrived for searches in what restaurants are included.
Google Translate for iOS
The new Google translator, also known as Google Translate, now includes Word Lens technology. For those who do not know, until recently Word Lens was an application that had the ability to translate writings and posters in real time thanks to the use of Augmented Reality. To be able to use it, we simply have to point with the iPhone's camera and the application will automatically place the translation in our preferred language in the place of the original text.
With this absolutely amazing technology, not impressed by the decision made by the Google guys of Word Lens and, better yet, of incorporate it directly into your translation application, making it even smarter.
What's new in version 3.1.0 of Google Translate
- Word Lens: Point the camera at a signal or a text, and the Translator application will instantly provide you with a translation of the text, even without a data connection or without the Internet. Currently available in: English ↔ French, English ↔ German, English ↔ Italian, English ↔ Portuguese, English ↔ Russian, English ↔ Spanish.
- Camera mode: Take a picture, highlight the text and get a translation. Currently available in 36 languages.
- Automatic language detection in voice / conversation mode: Start translating with voice input and the Translator will recognize which of the two languages is being spoken, which will allow you to talk more fluently with the other person.
Download Google Traslate for iPhone and iPad
If you want to have the Google translator on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, you can download it through the App Store link below.
Google Maps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
While Apple is still striving to add improvements to its mapping application Apple Maps, such as extending the FlyOver feature to more countries, The Mountain View guys introduce version 4.2 of Google Maps by adding a variety of features that will make the Google maps application more useful, especially for those traveling by First time to some city, either for work or for vacations.
What's new in version 4.2.0 of Google Maps
- Filter restaurant searches by type of cuisine.
- Check the current weather information of cities around the world.
- Set a pushpin at the points of origin and destination for directions and navigation.
- Add traffic directions to your calendar.
- Request the tab page to manage your presence on Maps if you are a business owner.
- Additional options for sharing locations.
- Error correction.
Download Google Maps for iOS devices
If you don't have the Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad, you can install it through the direct download link, from the App Store, which you will find below.
What do you think about these New versions of Google Maps and Google Translator for iOS devices?