The clipboard on your computer it's just a tool where temporarily save the file or information of any kind, including text, pictures, etc. Generally, this content is obtained by copying or deleting the element and fetching it using the paste or transfer function.
Keep in mind that there is many applications and programs include clipboard, to allow users to store large amounts of information. Examples of programs that use themselves clipboard it's Microsoft Word.
However, to use such a programmatic dashboard, you usually need to become a customer. Therefore, it is a good idea to use your native computer. In this post, we will talk about macOS clipboard and how to use it easily.
How do I access my MacOS clipboard? Where is it?
First of all, you should know that MacOS clipboard is very different from MacOS clipboard Windows. To access them, however, is enough to do a simple set of configurations.
In this sense, the first thing you need to do is enter Finder and then go to the options for Editions is located at the top of the computer. Once there, click on Show clipboard. You can automatically see all the files stored on your computer's clipboard.
It is important to note that if it's text, the full text will be clearly visible. But in the case of pictures and other file types, will be shown as a file. Also, keep in mind that the only thing you can do is look at the content stored there, but you don't have the option to edit or copy it. If all you need is a more advanced clipboard option, we recommend using the application to manage it.
Instead, in the team Apple yang Universal clipboard. It performs the same function as a regular clipboard, but is therefore possible to copy content (text, pictures, videos) and paste it from device Apple to others. To enjoy it, you need to meet the system requirements for sustainability.
It works when devices are near each other and have the following settings:
- All teams have open sessions on the same iCloud Apple ID
- All devices have Bluetooth enabled
- Wi-Fi function is enabled on all computers.
- Everyone has enabled Handoff.
In case you didn't know To turn on Handoff on your device, follow these steps:
- On a Mac: go to the menu AppleSystem priority and then enter the section public. Select "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud device".
- On iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: go to Settings / General / Submissions and continue to activate it.
Steps to use a MacOS clipboard like a pro
In general, the clipboard is used the same way on all devices. That's enough copy or cut items so it is stored in the tool. Then to work with it you must use the function paste or move it.
To be more specific, there are two main ways to use MacOS clipboard. If what you want is to use a regular clipboard, follow the steps below:
- Go away Finder from your Mac.
- Then in the top menu, click on the tab Editions.
- Once you arrive, select Show clipboard and you'll see all the files stored there.
If you want To use the Universal Clipboard, you must follow the following procedure:
- Copy the text, pictures, or other files you need on your device (as usual). You can also copy entire files.
- Table of contents will be automatically added to the clipboard from another device Apple that you have. Keep in mind that it will stay there for a while or until you replace it by copying something new.
- On other devices, paste the contents.
Without a doubt, universal clipboard is a great tool for transferring files from your computer Apple to others easily.
How long is the item stored on my MacOS clipboard?
No time is right to save files stored on a Mac clipboard. Generally, files like text, pictures, and videos are saved until you replace them by copying something new to the device.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment, we'll answer you as soon as possible, and I'm sure it will help more members of the community. Thank you! 😉