Google has started to launch a new dark mode for the Gmail app on Android and iOS devices.
Dark mode has become very popular in recent years, thanks to its ability to darken the interface, which reduces strain on the eyes while saving the battery life of your device. As a result, companies like Google and Apple It has started releasing dark mode on all systems on its operating systems, and even app developers are updating their apps with their own dark mode.
Here we show you how to get the new Gmail dark mode, also known as “dark theme”.
Goodbye goodbye goodbye: a dark theme will come to Gmail on mobile → https://t.co/hiMaeuDBJD pic.twitter.com/0ElUHzrx8R
– Gmail (@gmail) September 24, 2019
How to enable dark mode in the Gmail mobile app
If you are already using Android 10 or iOS 13 and dark mode is activated at the system level, the Gmail app will automatically switch to dark mode.
To activate dark mode in the Android Gmail application:
- If you're running Android 10, go to Settings> scroll down and Touchez on the View option> and Touchez on the Dark Theme switch. Gmail will automatically respond to the default system settings.
- Or, if you're not running Android 10, open Settings in the Gmail app> then Themes> and select "Dark".
To activate dark mode in the Gmail app for iOS:
- If you're running iOS 13, open Settings> go to Display & brightness> and Touchez Dark to switch to Dark mode. Gmail, by default, will automatically respond to the default system settings.
- If you are running an older version of iOS, open Settings in the Gmail app> then Themes> and select "Dark".
When is Gmail dark mode available?
Google's dark mode will launch in the "extended launch" period:
- Android 10: Potentially longer than 15 days, starting September 24
- iOS: Potentially longer than 15 days, from September 24.