Most users often spend long hours a day in front of their computers for different reasons, either working, for entertainment, checking your personal accounts, among many other reasons. A time where you enjoy internet connection to constantly visit different websites.
Each of the movements that are made from the computer are left stored in history of each of the browsers we use, taking into account that most of them have this tool. In addition, all this saved information can take up enough space delaying like this The operation of the equipment.
However, this can also cause other people using the PC to know each of your movements on it, which will cause lose your privacy. That is why the importance of being able delete form history from your browser preferably.
What is form history in browsers and what is it for?
The form history It is based practically on those suggestions of Autocomplete that appear frequently in your browsers when you want to make some search, that is how It suggests websites that you have previously visited or keywords that you have entered in previous searches.
All this is usually quite useful when you want to carry out a faster and more comfortable navigation.
But, it can become a problem, since at the time of having autocomplete enabled or autofill, those words that you have previously entered are constantly thrown, taking into account that data such as data is often inserted names, addresses, passwords, bank accounts, among other.
It is important to mention that this tool is very valuable and interesting since facilitates the use of the browser. However, it can be detrimental to Privacy. Therefore, it is recommended only to use in those person use computersl or where they are only used by trustworthy people.
Navigation history vs Form history How are they different?
In the case of form records, these basically consist of reflecting those keywords that have been being introduced in websites visited previously as well as in web search engines
They are used for the purpose of facilitate navigation to its users thus throwing different alternatives to what they want to write, either passwords, usernames, web addresses, bank codes, card numbers, among other.
This tool obviously help the user save time in each of his activities, especially when we know how tedious it is to write at all times access data in the different web portals that we visit. However, it is considered to be a fairly useful tool. dangerous in privacy of the person.
While, in the case of web browsing histories, these specialize in saving a full record of each of the steps taken during internet browsing. I mean, they show the web address of each of the sites you have visited, as well as each of the steps you have done inside the portal.
However, this tool only shows the sites you have visited, but does not offer passwords, names, or any other type of data that you have entered in comparison to form history.
Steps to clean or edit form history in all browsers
Given everything mentioned above, you may want to disable autocomplete to prevent the continuation of the personal data that you have used while browsing. This process can be carried out in a very simple and fast way in each of the preferred browsers.
This is how here we explain this process in each of the most popular browsers in the market:
If you use frequently Google Chrome and you want to prevent this data from being stored, then it is important that you perform each of the steps that we will teach you below to disable this function:
- Enter to Google Chrome and click on the menu located in the browser toolbar represented by three horizontal points.
- Then select the option of "Configuration".
- There click on the option of "Show advanced options" and then look for the section of "Password and forms".
<img class = "aligncenter wp-image-44559 size-full” alt=”In Chrome” width=”600″ height=”355″ data-lazy- src=”https://internetpasoapaso.com/wp-content/uploads/En-Chrome-3.jpg” data-pagespeed-url-hash=”3879723402″ onload=”pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality(this);”/>
- Now deactivate the checkbox "Enable the AutoComplete feature to fill in web forms with just one click."
- To delete the data that has been stored in the browser, go back to the three horizontal points located on the toolbar.
- There select the section of "Tool".
- Now select "Clear browsing data."
- A new window will appear where you will have to select the checkbox “Delete saved data from the AutoComplete function”.
- With the menu located at the top you can select only the functions you want delete or simply delete everything.
- To finish click on Clear browsing data.
For Mozilla Firefox This process is very similar to Chrome, To do this, simply follow each of these steps:
- In the main window of Mozilla Firefox click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right of your screen.
- There you will see a menu where you select "Options."
- Then click on the "Privacy Panel."
- Now move the window down until you get the section of "Clear history."
- At clean range scroll the list and select
- Now make sure the option of “Forms and search history”Is selected.
- And finally click on "Clean now" so that all forms are deleted.
The browser of Opera does not delete any type of information at the end of the navigation and close the window. However, like the other browsers it gives you the possibility of delete cookies and other information that allow you to have greater privacy.
To do this you need to follow these instructions:
- The first will be Access Opera.
- There we select the menu button where a list of options will be displayed, in it we choose the option of "Configuration".
- Here a new window will appear where we select the section of "Privacy & Security".
- Now we move the window down until we get the section of "Cookies" and select the option of "Keep data only until the browser is closed."
- Although this option is not the best of all, it will automatically help you delete stored datas while using Opera.
In Microsoft EDGE
Another of the most popular and currently used browsers is Microsoft Edge or also known as Internet Explorer Here too a form record will be created of all the information you enter while visiting different websites.
In this case you can also delete all this through the following steps:
- In the main window of Edge Choose the three points located in the upper right corner of your screen. There you will see a drop-down menu where you select the option to "Configuration".
- Now you select the section of "Clear scan data."
- Here you will see a new window where you will have to select everything you want to delete, in this case make sure that the box of the “Form data” It is marked.
- To finish simply click on the button "Delete".
In case you use a team Apple and use as default browser Safari, so you are interested to know how you can start clear your team’s form history and thus prevent third parties from seeing your private information.
To be able to do this you need to follow these steps:
- To start you need to enter the tab of "Edition".
- There select the section of "Preference" and then click on the tab "General".
- The following will be to look for the option of "Delete items from history" here you can select if you want delete the information stored forever, months, weeks or a day.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! ????