One of the newest and most popular online social networks today is TikTok, the video-based social network that allows users to create and stream short videos ranging from 15 seconds to a full minute for their fans and followers, accumulating a audience while posting on the platform.
Read the article for more information.
Since its merger with the previous (and quite similar) Musical.ly social network, TikTok has become incredibly popular with over 800 million users worldwide.
TikTok is simple and complex at the same time. The design and usability are very simple and the application makes creating and interacting with video as easy as possible. The large volume of features and options in the application is what makes it complex. Can you edit a TikTok title after posting? Can you edit a video after uploading it? Can I delete a video if I want it once I upload it? We've had quite a few questions from readers again this week, and all three are worth checking out. Let's dive in.
The first step in editing videos after they have been posted (including text captions) is understanding the upload process. TikTok provides a + sign at the bottom of the app screen. This is where you add new videos.
When you click on this “+”, they take you to the recording screen. From there, you can select the duration of your video and click the red button to start recording. Once done, press the red button again to stop recording and click on the red check mark.
This takes you to the edit page you want to see after the video has been posted. The following steps will show you how to return to this page using a workaround so that you can update the title after posting.
Can you edit a TikTok title after posting?
TikTok does not give you the option to edit the subtitle of a video after publishing it. There is a workaround so you don't have a record and republish the same content. Assuming it detects the typo or other title issue early in the life of the video, it's relatively easy to fix the problem by reloading the same video into your profile.
Follow these steps to update the subtitle:
- Click on the "I" icon located at the bottom left of your screen
- Here, you will see all the videos you have posted. Touch the video you have with the subtitle you want to change
- On the right (the third option down) there are three vertical dots: Touchez there
- Select "Save video"
- Wait for it to save to your phone, if you don't do it the first time; Try again.
Now, we are going to republish the exact same video with editing options.
- Click on the "+" symbol located at the bottom of the application
- In the right corner, you will see an option that says "Upload." Play there.
- This will take you to a list of photos and videos from your devices: Touchez the one you have already saved from TikTok
- Touchez "Next" in the lower left corner
- Touchez "Next" in the upper right corner now. On this page, you can add text, stickers, and change effects.
- Touchez “Next” again located at the bottom right of the screen
- From this page, you can update the title and change the preferences of your audience.
- Once completed, Touchez "Publish"
Your newly updated content will appear on your timeline.
The last step in this process will be to delete the original video. Follow these steps:'
- From the app's home page, Touchez the "Me" icon located at the bottom right
- Touchez the video you want to delete.
- Choose the option of three vertical lines to the right of your video
- Scroll right until you see "Delete" – Touchez that
The downside to this effort, of course, is that you will lose any comments or likes on the received video. However, if you caught the issue with the subtitle early enough, you shouldn't miss out on too much commitment, while also fixing your most recent video.
While this is a lengthy method of performing a simple update, it allows you to make edits after publishing content on TikTok.
The video remains the same, with the small change that your downloaded copy briefly includes your TikTok username in the upper left corner. Otherwise, everything from your music to its effects and edits remains intact, allowing you to change the title of your video while preserving everything else.
How do I add text to Tik Tok?
You can add text to your TikTok videos after you're done with your video, and hit the check mark. After pressing this check mark, there will be more options available to you. In the right corner, you can click in the text field and more options will appear, including the text color and font. When you're done adding text to your TikTok, add any other filters you want to add, and then finish your TikTok.
How to trim a video on TikTok?
To trim a TikTok video, press the "+" button, which will record a new video in your TikTok application. Once you record this video, Touchez "add a sound" in the upper right corner, then press the "red button" to record. Press the "Verify" icon at the bottom right; then you will find the “Crop” icon in the upper right corner. Once this is done, press the "Next" button and you can add the effects for your video.
Can I change the soundtrack to a TikTok video?
Changing the soundtrack is a little more complicated. Since the audio is saved in the original video, you will not be able to copy the audio without a third-party editing application to do so. Since most of the TikTok videos are synced, changing the soundtrack can break the video. The soundtrack is added as a layer to the video during creation, and then saved as a single file.
However, this method takes you back to the edit screen, so it's worth a try.
Can I control who can comment on my TikTok video?
If you can. It is a general control in which you can control who can comment on each video you upload instead of the individual ones, but you can do it. The settings are in the Privacy menu.
- Select your profile icon on the main TikTok screen.
- Select Privacy and security on the next screen.
- Change the security settings for Who can send me feedback.
Set it to Everyone to make your account public, Friends to just be friends. You got the idea. You will also see Who can duet with me, Who can react to me, and Who can send me messages in the same section as well. You can edit them the same way to control who can contact you while using the app.