With iOS 12 Apple has updated its innovation Live Listening Function to work with AirPods. When the live listening feature is activated, your iPhone becomes a directional microphone that channels audio directly to your AirPods or headphones made for the iPhone.
With Live Listening Function Enabled your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can act as a microphone that sends sound to your AirPods and makes it easier to listen to people and conversations in a busy environment.
How to activate Live Listen iOS 13?
First, make sure you have updated to iOS 13 if you want to use your Airpod.
To use Live Listen, you must add it to the Control Center:
- Go to Settings> Control Center.
- Touch Control Customization.
- Scroll down and Touchez Add icon (looks like + inside the green circle) next to Audience.
- Touch Back to save the settings.
How is Live Listen used?
Now, every time you want to activate a service,
- Open the Control Center, use Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- If you have an iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 13 or newer, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to open the control center.
- Touchez the Audition icon, select Listen live and the audio will start streaming to your AirPods or headphones made for iPhone.
Listen directly Airpods do not work
If you have trouble making Live Listen work properly. Receive a message when you try to use Live broadcast Not available for current route
- Simply restart your associated device and try again.
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated. Open the Bluetooth page of your iOS device and check if your headset or AirPod is paired
- Your AirPod is charged and the volume rises to your iPhone.
And to turn off live listen, simply open the Control Center, Touchez Audition and deselect Live Listen.