Snapchat didn't initially save your memories, but that changed. By default, saving a plugin to a Snapchat story automatically moves it to your Snapchat Memories. This feature uses cloud storage that is directly linked to your account. By using Snapchat, you can store an unlimited number of snapshots and stories. However, if something happens to your Snapchat account, all these memories will disappear. Fortunately, Snapchat has an option to export individual or all memories to your device's camera, whether you're using Android or iOS.
This article explains how to set up your Snapchat to automatically store memories on the camera roll instead of using the Snapchat Cloud. In addition, it will show you how to export existing memories to preserve those valuable photos and videos.
How to save new memories on the camera roll
If you want Snapchat to automatically back up your memories to your smartphone's camera roll, you'll need to enable that option. To do this, you must:
- Open Snapchat from the app menu
- Touchez your profile icon in the top left of the screen.
- Touchez on 'Configurations'in the top right of the profile screen
- Select 'Memories'from the settings menu.
- In the ‘Save destination’, Touchez ‘Save button. ’
- Choose where to keep your memories. You can save your memories in more than one location.
- When you're done, just go back to the home screen
Now when you edit a snap or story and press the save button, it is saved to the destination you have chosen. The options are:
- Memories: Default option that will only backup your snapshots and stories to the Snapchat cloud.
- Souvenirs and camera roll: Save to the cloud and your phone.
- Camera Roll Only: Save to your phone, but they won't stay on Snapchat.
How to save existing memories to the camera roll
If you enable the saving your memories on the camera roll, the existing memories will not be exported. This procedure is for existing memories within your Snapchat account. You will have to do this manually. Luckily, the process requires just these few steps:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Touchez on the ‘Memories button'to the bottom of the screen.
- Open the memory you want to save.
- Touchez on the three vertical points ("More icon")
- Select 'Export plugin’
- Choose 'Camera Roll. ’
- Snapchat will instantly save the memory chosen for your camera roll.
If you don't want to open a memory, you can skip steps 3 and 4. Instead, after step 2, just touch and hold the memory you want to save. When the drop-down menu appears, select ‘Export plugin. ’
You can also export this memory to a different application or to cloud storage. To do this, simply choose ‘Other apps’When you reach step 5.
Can all memories be exported at once?
Yes, you can save all your Snapchat memories at once. That is how.
During the save process, you can also select other options to suit your needs, such as "Save to files", "Add to shared album", etc. However, this guide is about saving to the camera roll, which is the best options.
Once completed, be sure to confirm that your photos and videos were successfully saved on your camera roll.
Export chat, friends, profile and more from Snapchat
In addition to keeping the memories of your snapshots, Snapchat stores many other user data. Some of this data is available for export. For example, you can get your chat history, friends list, all your profile information and other data.
To do this, you must:
- Visit the official Snapchat account page from your phone's browser.
- Login to your account.
- Touchez on 'My data. ’
- Scroll down and Touchez ‘Submit a request. ’
- An email link is sent to access your data. You MUST have a verified email address for this to work!
- Select the Download Link in your email.
Add and verify your email
If you haven't verified your Snapchat email, do the following:
- Open Snapchat from within the smartphone app menu.
- Touch your profile icon at the top left of the screen.
- Touchez the gear icon menu (settings) at the top right of the screen.
- Touchez "Email". If you never verified your email, this section is marked in red.
- If the field is blank, enter your email.
- If you can see your email, Touchez ‘Resend verification email. ’
- Open your email and check the speech to.
Why back up your Snapchat data and memories?
If you accidentally or intentionally deactivate your account and leave it for 30 days, your data and media will disappear forever. This action ALSO means that your Snapchat memories and your account data on your Snapchat cloud will permanently disappear!
Also, you can accidentally delete stored memories from your Snapchat account.
So if you care about your Snapchat memories, make a backup! By using the information in this article, you can keep those valuable snapshots forever, or at least until you experience a data loss where you saved them. With that in mind, back them up more than once in more than one location. You can do it outside of Snapchat, and anytime you need it.