- An advantage of having a local network is that you can transfer large files much more easily between two or more computers. It's like a super power, really.
- But a network error like 0x8007003b can ruin your plans. Maybe the file is too big for a FAT32 drive. Or your firewall is blocking the connection. Whatever it is, we have it covered.
- Our home network has grown like never before in recent years with so many new devices. For any problem, see the Network Errors section. It has guides and software recommendations.
- Is Windows giving you a headache? There is no need to worry. Visit the Windows 10 Error Troubleshooting section and you will find the information to solve your problem.
Error 0x8007003b it's a network problem that some Windows 10 users were found trying to transfer large files from a network drive to a desktop or laptop computer.
The error message window 0x8007003b says: 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred. Consequently, the Windows 8 or 10 users cannot transfer all files through their VPNs.
Here are some possible solutions that might resolve error 0x8007003b.
Solutions to fix network error 0x8007003b
Scan for malware
The 0x8007003b error may be due to malware, so an on-demand antivirus scan could solve the problem. You can use Windows Defend to search for malware as it is built-in. But an even better idea is to use Malwarebytes, since it is a really effective utility.
It's a little more specialized than your daily antivirus, which, by the way, you should have. It is really useful against spyware and can prevent ransomware attacks on your system and network. Many IT professionals use Malwarebytes as a tool to recover an infected system and bring it back to life.
Try Malwarebytes and check it out for yourself.
When you have added the software to Windowspress the Scan now button in the Malwarebytes window to start a scan. The utility will automatically purge malware.
50% of Windows users do not use an antivirus. Do not be one of them. Choose one from our new list!
Temporarily Switch outside of antivirus software
If the problem isn't malware, temporarily disable your third-party antivirus software. Antivirus software may be interfering with file transfer.
Generally, you can disable an antivirus utility by right-clicking on the system tray icon and selecting a disable option from its context menu.
Select to disable the utility for about 15-30 minutes, and then try copying the file again.
While we are on this issue, now might be a good time to reconsider your choices. Don't you want an antivirus that allows you to carry out your tasks in peace?
Bullguard It is a great option, since it doesn't bother you unnecessarily, it has few computer resources and is quite attractive to top it off.
Also, it is reliable to have a really good scan engine that received a lot of awards.
It uses artificial intelligence to scan and detect malware, making it the best option
Switch the Windows Firewall disabled
the Windows The firewall can also hinder file transfers. It is, after all, a kind of network wall; so turning off that firewall could fix error 0x8007003b.
This is how you can change the Windows Firewall disabled.
- Press the Cortana button on the taskbar to open the app's search box. Enter the firewall in Cortana's search box.
- Select to open the Windows Firewall control panel below.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off to open a Customize Settings tab.
- Select both the To turn off Windows Firewall options on the Customize Settings tab and press the OK button.
- Then restart the Windows YOU.
Switch the Windows Search service disabled
- Change the Windows The search service can also resolve error 0x8007003b. To change the Windows Search service disabled, press Win key + R hotkey to open Run.
- Enter services.msc in Run and press Return to open the Services window.
- Double click Windows Search to open the window directly below.
- Select Disabled from the Startup Type drop-down menu.
- press the Apply and OK buttons to confirm the new configuration and close the window.
Check the format of the target hard drive
Another thing to consider is if the destination hard drive for the file is in FAT32 format. You cannot transfer files larger than 4GB to a FAT32 hard drive.
To check the file system of a hard drive in Win 10, open File Explorer, click This PC, right click on the C: drive and select Properties.
That will open the General tab that includes file system details for the hard drive.
If the file system of your hard disk is FAT32, then you will have to divide any file bigger than 4 GB copy it to the PC. You can split files with software like MP4 Tools, HJ-Split, File Splitter and Video Splitter.
Or you can split archived files with the 7-Zip utility. See this article for more details on splitting files.
Scan files with System File Checker
Windows System File Checker 10 can also be helpful in fixing error 0x8007003b. A wide variety of Windows problems may be due to corrupted system files.
You can start an SFC scan as follows.
- Enter cmd in Cortana's search box.
- Right click on command prompt and select Execute as an administrator To open it.
- Enter sfc / scannow at the command prompt and press the Enter key.
- The SFC will then weave its magic. It may not detect any corrupted system files, but please restart Windows if the SFC repairs some files.
Reverse Windows Return to a restore point
A recently installed program may have interfered with Windows Settings If that's the case, restoring the platform to an earlier date could also fix error 0x8007003B.
The System Restore tool will remove all third-party software installed after a selected restore point and undo the system changes. This is how you can use System Restore.
- Open Cortana and enter system restore in your search box. Select Create a restore point to open the System Properties window.
- press the System restore button to open the restore utility.
- Select the Choose a different restore point radio button and click next.
- Select the Show more restore points option to expand enumerated restore points.
- Now choose a restore point that will remove recently installed software. Note that you can select a Scan for affected programs option that lists the software installed after a selected restore point.
- Click next > End up restore Windows.
Learn more about creating a restore point by reading this guide.
Since Microsoft does not have an official solution for error 0x8007003b, nothing is guaranteed. However, one or more of the above resolutions may correct error 0x8007003b.
Scanning your system with the system repair utilities covered in this software guide could also solve the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions: Learn more about network error 0x8007003b
- Why am I receiving a network error?
Network errors generally occur due to poor internet connectivity or due to firewall rules and restrictions.
- Why do my downloads keep failing?
The firewall could be blocking connections that have been active for too long. Or multiple connections to the same server may be limited and therefore the download process stops without completing the task.
- How can I copy large files to fat32 without converting them to NTFS?
One option you have is to put all the files in one file which will divide into volumes of no more than 4GB each.
Editor Note: This post was originally published in September 2017 and has since been renewed and updated in May 2020 for its freshness, precision and comprehensiveness.