As usual, W10 offers a tool that will allow you lock your computer screen whenever you want, a way to restrict access to it every time you are absent.
It is very common that we spend many hours using the computer either by labor reasons, by study or leisure, but on many occasions we have to get up from the team and we don't want to close the information We have in it. In these cases the most recommended is lock screen and thus prevent others from entering our information.
In this way, here we will show you what are the different ways that exist so you can start restrict access to your PC every time you miss it.
Why is it good to lock your computer screen Windows 10? Benefits
The purpose of this tool is to provide you with a greater privacy and user security when you have to leave your PC. That is why it allows to activate a function of screen lock or login, which will help restrict access to third parties and this way prevent theft or loss of data.
Being able to avoid all this is essential for anyone, especially if we know that in our computers keep very valuable information. On many occasions by Comfort reasons usually save all important data in one place or team, since it becomes a simpler and easier way to enter all our files. But, having everything in one place can also become a very dangerous weapon if data is lost or someone else enters it.
It is because of that Windows 10 It has this type of procedure that will help you avoid any danger on your computer, especially when we handle computers that are used by different people or are found in the work office.
Therefore, carrying out this will offer you the following benefits:
- It will help you to have a greater privacy and security With your personal documents.
- You will avoid the third party income to your team
- Prevent theft or loss of information caused by third parties.
- Stop your work without being affected in those moments where you have to do another different job.
- It helps you to protect all stored content in the computer.
Lock Screen vs Hibernate vs Suspend How are they different and which is better for the team?
The computers of operating system of Windows they usually offer different ways of be able to turn them off in those moments where we have to stop using it, but we don't want to turn off the equipment completely or close the information we have in it. This is how we can find the options of "Hibernate" or "Suspend" and to all this you can add the functionality of lock the computer screen.
In this case when we talk or refer to hibernate it's about letting everyone the programs are stored on the hard disk so that the PC can shut down completely. This will help do not consume more energy while the machine is not being used. When you turn it on, the system will take care of recover all programs which were in use as they were left last time. But nevertheless, the boot will be a little slower.
But, if we decide suspend the computer then we are only turning off the half computer, that is, what will happen to a state of low consumption. In these cases, only a part of the device is turned off while a part of the memory is kept remembering the information contained in it. To restart it simply you must press a key and the beginning will be a lot faster than with the previous process.
Taking into account the two previous processes, none of them provides a security to your data and files stored on the machine, especially because anyone can access the computer simply by pressing a key So, this is when we can opt for the tool to lock the screen or login. This will help you maintain your privacy and prevent the entry of any other person to your computer in those moments where you are not.
Therefore, if you are looking for greater security with your documents, the most advisable thing in this case is to use Login lockout.
Steps to lock your computer screen with W10 easy and fast
Taking into account all of the above and the importance of this tool, then here we will explain what are the different methods that we can carry out to start this process on your computer with Windows 10 in an easy and fast way.
With the keyboard
The first method that we present to you is perhaps the easiest and fastest to perform, it consists of using a key combination for Lock the PC screen.
To do this follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to press simultaneously the keys of "Windows + L ”.
- Next the computer will be locked and a lock window
- To unlock it simply press any key and enter the password or PIN set out above.
With Dynamic Lock
Another way to be able to do this is through Dynamic lock, it has become one of the most recent features in the edition Creators Update. This function is found linked between the team and the smartphone which is used through Bluetooth.
This whole process consists of create a bridge between the smartphone and the computer, so that at the moment where the device moves away and the machine does not detect reception by the terminal, automatically the W10 system will be locked.
To do this you must perform these steps:
- To be able to enter this new function of Dynamic lock you need to enter the "Configuration" of W10.
- Then enter the section of "Accounts."
- There you select the section of "Login Options".
- In the new window that appears you will have to activate the switch of "Dynamic Lock."
- However, it is important that before activating it on the mobile phone has been configured the Bluetooth. To do this you simply follow this route: “Settings”> “Devices”> “Bluetooth”.
With screen protector
In the case that you do not want to be doing either of the previous two steps, then you can use one of the most traditional methods of this operating system. Is about define a specific idle timed where the PC is It will block automatically.
For this it is necessary that you follow each of the following instructions:
- Enter the option of the "Magnifying glass" in the start bar and write there "Change screen saver."
- You can also access through the following route: "Control panel"> "Appearance and personalization"> "Display".
- Once you enter a window will appear where you will perform the following steps: The first thing will be to activate the checkbox "Show login screen on resume".
- Then it define the time what must happen so that the computer can be blocked by not detecting any type of activity.
- In the case you want, you can define some style of screen saver.
- Once you have completed all this, the following will be to click on "Apply" and then in "To accept".
With a free Bluelock tool
It is also possible to carry out this through some tools that we will find available on the internet and which will help us restrict third party access to our PC. In this case we present a program called Bluelock, which you can download completely free for Windows.
Bluelock works specifically with some kind of Bluetooth device where it allows users to establish a lapse of time so that the computer can be locked. As for its operation it is very similar to Dynamic Lock, where it consists of associate another device for this to be done automatically.
Can the computer be programmed so that the screen locks when I stop from the chair? How to do it
It is possible that for some reason you get up from your PC and forget about blocking it before leaving, which can be a big problem if other people are near the machine. In these cases it is possible to perform a method that allows the PC crashes after you get up from the chair.
For it Windows Hello makes use of a mobile phone that is paired with the machine so that this can lock it automatically shortly after I know lose range of wireless connection. In order to configure this it is necessary that pair the smartphone with the computer and select the box of "Dynamic lock."
To do this you follow these instructions:
- To start you must pair both phone and PC through Bluetooth
- Then on the computer select the button "Start".
- Now go to "Configuration".
- There select the section of "Accounts."
- The following will be select "Login Options".
- Now in the Dynamic lock select the box of "Allow to Windows Automatically block your device when you leave. ”
- In this case you have to carry the smartphone with you when you get away from the machine and this is will automatically block after what Get out of Bluetooth range.
List of the best programs and tools to lock the screen in W10
As mentioned earlier there are some tools available on the web which will also help us to restrict access to W10 and thus prevent third parties from being able to access our private information.
Therefore, if you are one of the people who do not like to perform methods within the operating system, but instead, prefer to make use of Some softwares
Here is a list of the best programs and tools so you can start carrying out this:
Lock My PC
This tool gives you the ability to keep from secure and private way each of your data inside your PC. It stands out as a tool very easy to use, powerful and compact whose main mission is to carry out a block against unauthorized use.
In this way, leaving the machine alone will no longer be a problem, since at the time of program idle deactivate any hotkey, as well as The mouse, blocking all CD / DVD ROM doors preventing any other user from having any type of access. This will require that you create a security password.
Predator It has become one of the most reliable and safe applications for install in Windows 10. This program makes use of a pen drive as a means of Access to the system When it has been blocked. In this way, the machine can only be entered if it unit has connected to the same.
This has been considered as one of the most ways more secure and reliable of keeping any kind of data stored in the device away from any type of intruder. To activate it, we will simply have to disconnect memory and automatically the entire system will be restricted.
Smart PC Locker
Smart PC It is cataloged by most of its users as a very effective and safe at the time of wanting restrict other people's access to your computer. A tool that will allow you to have control over all your information thus preventing the entry of people outside your PC.
As for its operation is very simple, you will have to prepare a security password with which you can enter each time the machine is placed in suspend or hibernate. It also includes a security booster that will help you have a quiet experience, where only you will be the one who has access to your device.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! ????