Opening the purchase menu in CSGO is very easy. You can solve it by looking at the key tasks within the game settings menu. However, this little feature is more complex and can even be customized.
Here's how you can open the menu, make it open everywhere, and make other interesting decisions about it and other game features.
Default purchase menu key
By default, the game assigns the E key to the purchase menu. While in the build location, you can press E and open the purchase menu. Then you can get ready and do a kill.
But what if you want to open the purchase menu somewhere else on the map? Let's say, when do you play on a private server or when you practice offline?
To do this, you must enable the developer console.
How to use Buy Anywhere
- Bring the console.
- Enter the following command: mp_buy_anywhere 1That will give everyone access to the purchase menu anywhere on the map. But, you may also want to set a time. Otherwise, you may not be able to buy anything once the round starts.
- Enter the following command into the console: mp_buytime 6000. The nice thing about the buy_anywhere command is that you can customize the playing field with it. For example, you can enable it for computers or only for one side.
- Enter the following command to enable the terrorist purchase menu: mp_buy_anywhere 2.
- Here is the command for counter-terrorists: mp_buy_anywhere 3.
Does the E key bother you?
Some players prefer to use their E key to collect weapons. Therefore, it can be annoying when the buy menu accidentally appears near the spawn. Or on maps with the mp_buy_anywhere function enabled.
Fortunately, there is a command to unlink the E key from the buy menu:
- Bring your console.
- Type the following line: cl_use_opens_buy_menu 0. That will link the E key, also known as the "Use" key only to "use" type actions, such as picking up weapons and others. It will no longer display the purchase menu, no matter which mod is enabled on the map.
- Enter the following command to enable the menu again: cl_use_opens_buy_menu 1.
Important Note: Before making changes
If you are new to the game, there is something you should know. While you can open the developer console in online and offline sessions, you won't always be able to use game-altering commands.
For example, if you play on a server and do not have administrator privileges, you will not be able to use the buy_anywhere command.
In offline sessions, you can enable this whenever you want. But you should also make sure you have enabled the developer console option.
- Go to CSGO Settings.
- Select Game Settings.
- Look for the Enable Developer Console option.
- Select Yes from the dropdown menu.
After that, pressing the tilde (~) key or the grave (`) key will open the console. And you can use a variety of commands.
It's also worth noting that to use the buy_anywhere command, you don't have to enable cheats with the sv_cheats command in the console.
CSGO New purchase menu
Although the purchase menu itself is a fairly complex feature, and there are plenty of online tutorials dedicated to your exploration, it wasn't always that simple, responsive, and convenient to use.
After more recent changes, Valve implemented some of the user ideas. The game now centers the cursor on the shopping wheel. It also displays available weapons as white and dims overpriced weapons.
Some of the other changes improve details on weapon stats, a gun ownership preview, and better stats window placement.
Still, due to how it covers the entire screen, the purchase menu is not something you want to appear in the middle of the game. If you intend to stay alive, that is.
Customize your CSGO experience
It's no secret that since Counter-Strike 1.5, gamers have been using their scripts to customize their gaming experience.
And while the complexity of CSGO's buy menu makes things more friendly for beginners and allows new players to learn the game faster, it's not set to a comfortable key by default.
Please let us know in the comment section below if you are satisfied with the design of the buy menu or if you think the developers still need to improve things.