Alexa is an assistant that does not come default on Android, but if you like it, we will show you below how to make Alexa our default assistant in our Android easily.
Virtual assistants, such as Alexa or Google Assistant they have sneaked into our lives in their inclusion in the different devices. Android devices for several years now include an integrated virtual assistant signed by Google.
This is the Google Assistant, while is true that It is one of the best depending on the answers it offers, there are many users who like that assistant on their speakers, use it on their mobile devices.
There is another great part of users who prefer the assistant of AmazonAlexa after having introduced their smart speakers in their homes. To control these speakers, as with those of Google, there is an application that also integrates the assistant AmazonAlexa.
- Discharge Amazon Alexa on Android
To set this wizard to default that we found within the application Amazon Alexa we must follow the following steps:
- We open the app Amazon Alexa and click on the assistant icon located at the bottom.
- Click on "Allow" and we give you permissions.
- Once we have granted permissions to the application. We will proceed to open the Device settings We will access the section of "Applications".
- Depending on the device settings, the different default applications will appear on the screen or not, it is usually shown in the lower part, but in the case of Samsung, for example, we must click on the three points located in the upper right and access the section “Default applications”.
- Next, a menu will appear in which we can change the different default applications that we use when opening a link or in this case the voice assistant. We will go into the section of "Device support".
- Different options will appear, in which we must press again in "Device support".
- Within this option we will see the different assistants which our device has.
- We will choose "Amazon Alexa ” and we will have this assistant by default.
In our tests, we have not managed to get the assistant to wake up before the “Alexa” command, although it is possible that it can be done by granting him the necessary permissions through the app. In the case of Samsung, We can also put Bixby as the default assistant.
In the other Android devices we can modify, in addition to the assistant, that after the simple steps we have followed, it can be Google Assistant or Alexa, We can also modify the browser and other applications.
These are the ones we usually open files with and we have unintentionally pressed the “always use this app” button when we open a file and gives us the option to use it only once or always.
As we can imagine, This tutorial is only valid for Android devices since, in the operating system of Apple, it is not possible to replace Siri, although we have the possibility to use both Alexa and Google Assistant within their respective applications, but not for the general use of the system.
Alexa certainly is one of the assistants most related to the user of those available today, so if you have your speakers or home automation in general compatible with Alexa it will be useful.
Many users have become accustomed to using the Alexa assistant because it has been introduced into our homes through their smart speakers where, after all, these types of assistants are usually more used than on our mobile device.
Now you know set up Alexa as the default assistant in Android, so you will have in perfect harmony all the records of orders and Internet queries as well as the different routines.
Will you replace it with Google Assistant? Who is your favorite assistant?