Being able to record the screen of our smartphone can be useful in many occasions, either to guide a friend in a mini tutorial through the device or to capture multimedia content that does not allow downloading. This functionality is integrated as standard in the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch from iOS 11, but there is also another one that we will tell you in this article.
How to record the screen of an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Use native recording
As we said before, there is the possibility of recording the screen of our iOS or iPadOS device since the arrival of iOS 11. So, if your device has this software version or later you can do it in a really simple way by following the Next steps.
- Go to Settings> Control Center> Customize Controls.
- Add the option “Screen recording”To the Control Center by clicking on the +’ icon.
- You can place this option where you want by pressing and sliding the icon with three stripes that appears on the right side.
Once the screen recording function has been added to the control center, it will be as simple as clicking on it to start recording. This Control Center is accessed by sliding from the top right down in case you have an iPhone X or later. If your device is an iPhone 8 or earlier you should swipe from the bottom up.
Screen recording includes internal audio recording, that is, what is playing through the speakers. Although you can also record the external sound captured by the microphone. The way to configure this is by going to the Control Center and holding down the screen recording icon, once there activates or deactivates the microphone depending on the source from which you want to capture the audio.
Use QuickTime Player on Mac
If you have a device with a version before iOS 11 or want to know other ways of recording, you should know that there is another possibility if you have a Mac computer. Here are the steps to follow to make the recording using this method.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the Mac via cable
- Open the QuickTime Player application on the Mac. You can do it by searching on the launchpad or using the search engine by pressing cmd + space.
- Click on File> New video recording in the top bar of the Mac screen.
- You probably now see that the webcam has been opened, but since what you want is to record the screen of another device, you should go to the recording menu that appears on the screen and click on the arrow next to the record button and select the mobile device you have connected.
Once you have followed these steps you will only have to press the red button to start recording the screen. Once this recording is finished you can save it on your device.
Have you had any problem when recording the screen of your device with any of these methods? Tell us in the comment box and we will try to help you.