It is now possible to restore the iPhone with iOS 8 or higher without losing Cydia and the Jailbreak
If you have an iPhone with Jailbreak and you need to have to restore your device without losing Cydia and Jailbreak, from today it is possible thanks to the new version of SemiRestore. We'll see now how to restore iPhone with iOS 8.0.x / 8.1 without losing the Jailbreak.
The normal procedure when it comes to restoring our iPhone is doing it with iTunes, but we already know that if we restore our iOS device in this way, we will lose the Jailbreak, returning it to its original state. This procedure is "dangerous" for those who do not want to lose the Jailbreak or at least the possibility of being able to do so, because in the case that an iOS version that is not compatible with the Jailbreak is available, as is the case of iOS 8.1.1, we could lose the possibility of doing it again, although for now it is possible to download from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1, the latest version of iOS compatible with the Jailbreak.
In this article we will see how to restore iPhone with iOS 8 or higher without losing the jailbreakThis procedure is obviously valid for all devices compatible with the latest version of the mobile operating system of Apple and the jailbreak.
Requirements to restore iPhone with iOS 8 without losing the Jailbreak
In order to follow this procedure we need to have the SemiRestore8 tool on our computer (To download). At the moment it is only available for computers with operating system Windows XP SP3 or higher and Ubuntu 12.10, higher or an equivalent version of Linux, the version compatible with computers with OS X 10.6 or higher is still under development and will be available soon.
Important tips before restoring the iPhone without losing the Jailbreak
Before following this procedure it is advisable that we consider some things.
- It is advised to uninstall the Cydia Mobile Substrate, so that you can definitely exit Safe Mode and avoid problems.
- Make sure you have made a backup before performing the process to be able to keep your data after it has been restored.
- Avoid using programs such as iTunes or XCode during the process with SemiRestore8.
- SemiRestore8 does not lose or restore system files.
- It will only be possible to restore to the version of iOS that we currently have on the device.
- To carry out this process it will not be necessary to have APTickets and SHSH certificates
Guide to restore iPhone with iOS 8 or higher while maintaining the Jailbreak
In order to follow the procedure to restore the iPhone with iOS 8.0.x / 8.1 without losing the Jailbreak we have to:
- Open the SemiRestore8 file previously downloaded and available on the desktop of our computer.
- Right-click on the Semi-Restore iCono or press the CTRL key and click on the icon, then select Open.
- Once SemiRestore8 has been launched, click on «Open» to continue with the procedure.
- Enter your administrator password if requested and then click OK.
- Connect the iPhone with iOS 8 or later to the computer and click on the SemiRestore button.
- The iPhone will restart and SemiRestore8 will begin to restore.
- When SemiRestore8 has completed the process you can see a warning made by the program and then the device will be restarted.
This way you will have achieved restore iPhone, iPad or iPod touch firmware with iOS 8 without losing the Jailbreak, at the time of finishing the initial configuration of the device we can find Cydia installed on the Start screen.