If you are a geek person and want to unlock Motorola One Hyper Bootloader and Root then we have discussed it here. We will do this with the Magisk administrator (TWRP is not required). Yes, the Motorola One Hyper can be started with Magisk and you don't even need to install TWRP on your device. Currently, there is no TWRP recovery available for devices, so that's the only way to root Motorola One Hyper.
Rooting the Motorola One Hyper gives you additional benefits, such as installing special applications, custom flash ROMs, optimizing the performance of your mobile device, and many additional features. The actual performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked after being rooted. Rooting your Motorola One Hyper allows users to update various MODs, ROMs and the like on the device.
What does it mean to root an Android device?
Rooting is the process of gaining full administrative control of an Android device. You can use your device to its full potential, "Rooting" means granting you special privileges or "root permission" on your cell phone. This is similar to running a program as administrator in Windows.
For more information on how to root Android, see our detailed post here> What is Rooting an Android Phone? Advantages and disadvantages.
Important Note: Without TWRP, cannot update root files like Magisk. Now we have to manually modify the booted patched stock image to gain root access on the device
rootmygalaxy.net will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
How to open Bootloader in Motorola One Hyper?
- First, enable the USB debugging and OEM unlock options from Settings> Developer options>. To activate Developer Options, open About phone and Touchez 7-stroke build number
- Install ADB driver and fast boot, then reboot if you have installed driver, and then skip this step.
- After installing the driver, you may see a folder called ADB in your installation directory. Go into the folder and you will find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
- Now press and hold ‘turnLock and right click anywhere in the folder and select "Open the command window here" or ‘PowerShell window "
- Now connect your device to PC and enter fastboot mode. To enter Motorola One Hyper quick launch mode, type the command below at the command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- In the command window, type the following command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- The above command will return a string.
- Now copy the code into notepad and remove all the white space so that you get a single line string.
- Now paste the above string (open source) at the bottom of the Moto site (step 6) and click Can't lock my device? You must also accept the terms and conditions of this page by clicking I accept.
- An unlock key will be sent to ID Your email address, which you used to register on the Motorola site.
- Now copy the unlock key and run the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KE
- The above command will unlock Motorola One Hyper Bootloader.
- Restart and finish.
How to root Motorola One Hyper with Magisk No TWRP?
# # 1 Get Stock Boot Images (Stock Firmware)
- You can download Stock ROM from the device (you can find it on the web or in the Xda forum)
Download the boot file for your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, find the .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file called boot.img (This is an official stock image or firmware)
# # 2 boot image patch
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once completed, the file will be saved as "magisk_patched.img"In to download Map
# # 3 Steps to root Motorola One Hyper
- Connect your device to the PC and transfer “magisk_patched.imgFiles from the download section of your phone to the platform tools folder on your PC
Download and install the latest ADB platform tools and Fastboot SDK (2019)
- Now run the following command to start your device in bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to a PC)
adb reboot bootoader
- Now run below given command to display patched boot image
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- For devices with an A / B partition system, use the following command:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Ready !!! Restart your device. Your device should be rooted now.