The wallpapers stopped being boring static photos a long time ago. An animated wallpaper It gives a more dynamic look to our PC or smartphone and that's why today we show you how can you put One on any device.
Let's start by Windows 10, we will continue on Android and finish the article with iOS. It is possible that if your computer or smartphone is old it is not compatible with these applications or that the application is too demanding and will undermine performance.
Put an animated wallpaper on PC
When we spend hours in front of a computer, personalization is very important. We have to feel at home to do our job as well as possible. So an animated wallpaper may be the best of the modifications.
Windows It does not natively allow you to set an animated wallpaper so we have to rely on third-party software to do so. In our case we have chosen Rainwallpaper, a Rainysoft development that It works perfectly consuming very few resources and totally free.
- Download RainWallpaper and install it.
- The program will open automatically and we will have to click on Download Wallpaper in the upper right corner.
- Inside the RainWallpaper itself a small embedded browser will open and will show the Deviantart website.
- On this website we will have dozens of live wallpapers to download. All are free to use and are created by an exceptional community of artists.
- We click on the chosen one.
- We will then see the presentation tab of the wallpaper. To download it, click on Download in the upper right corner.
- We give a few seconds (depending on our connection) to download.
- Then we go to the downloads tab. We can access it in the left sidebar.
- And there we will find the wallpaper Animated downloaded.
- We double click on it, it will run without further problems and we will have it on our computer.
If in the future we want to change the wallpaper, we just have to open RainWallpaper again and follow the previous steps. Regularly upload new content to Deviantart so we recommend taking a look from time to time in search of new creations.
- Download RainWallpaper for Windows
Android live wallpaper
Turn of the Google mobile operating system. In some layers of customization we have some animated wallpapers available, although they are usually quite bland and with very few customization options. Therefore, we will resort to a third-party app that provides more options.
- Download and install Live Wallpapers from the Play Store.
- We open the app.
- On the home page we see the most downloaded animated backgrounds.
- If we want to navigate between the themes we can click on Categories, on top.
- A list will open where we will find the animated backgrounds in categories. We highlight the Editor’s Choice, where we can see the highlights of the moment.
- We choose the graceful fund, click on the arrow that we see at the bottom and once downloaded click on Apply.
There are dozens of live wallpaper applications on Android. But Live Wallpapers is the simplest, in others you must adjust some parameters and they are not so direct.
- Download Live Wallpapers for Android
But if you are a more advanced user or want to have some alternatives in the bedroom we recommend:
- Chrooma: If minimalism is your thing, this app will be perfect. It makes several patterns of shapes available to the user with a very relaxing undulating animation.
- 4D pixel: This app has caught our attention because it plays with the movement of the smartphone to show us the animation. More than an animated background as such, it gives us a three-dimensional effect when moving the device.
- Forest Live Wallpaper: one of the classics of animated wallpapers. Forest generates a "minimalist forest" that will change depending on our location and the time of day. On a clear day at noon we will have a radiant forest but as we go into the afternoon its tones will be reddish and it will be dark at night. It also simulates weather conditions.
- Download Chrooma for Android
- Download Pixel 4D for Android
- Download Forest Live Wallpaper for Android
Animated wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
The apple brand also has its personalization ration. And we go back to an external app to those provided by default in iOS. That give a 3D effect similar to the one we saw before in the Pixel 4D Android app.
- We Download Live Wallpapers from the App Store.
- We open it and after the tutorial we click on the menu that we have on the upper left.
- Click on Animated wallpapers.
- We choose our favorite and click on the download button (the central button in the form of a down arrow).
- We will find the background in the image gallery and we can apply it.
The latest versions of iOS natively feature animated backgrounds that They give the feeling of depth when we move the smartphone or tablet. A quite achieved effect, which does not become a 100% animated background but can provide a flat bottom with some life.
- Download Live Wallpapers for iOS
We have reviewed how can we put an animated wallpaper in different operating systems. The most complete for its features is RainWallpaper for a computer with Windows, a software that has been developing for many years and offers excellent customization.