After the virtual background in Zoom, screen sharing has become my second favorite feature in this application. It offers advanced controls like audio sharing, the ability to choose a specific window, annotation tools, whiteboard, and even an option to choose a part of the screen. All these features make Zoom one of the most powerful video conferencing applications out there. I would argue that even the best alternatives to Zoom cannot compete with it right now. Anyway, if you want to learn how to share your screen in Zoom, then you have landed in the right place. I've put together a dedicated guide for all the major platforms, and I've mentioned simple ways to use screen sharing in Zoom. So, without further delay, let's get started.
Share your screen in Zoom in 2020
In this article, we show how you can share your device's screen in Zoom. We have divided the article into three sections. The first section shows you how you can share the screen on the desktop (Windows, macOS and Linux), while the following two sections are dedicated to Android and iOS devices. So feel free to skip to the section for your use.
Screen share when zooming Windows, macOS and Linux
the the steps are almost identical for Windows, macOS and Linux. However, for macOS Catalina, you need to make a few changes before you can share your screen in Zoom meetings. Here is how to do it.
one. For macOS Catalina users, Open "System Preferences" and go to Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Screen Recording. Here, enable the option for "zoom.us" which will allow Zoom to record your screen.
2. Now when you are in a Zoom meeting, you will find the “Screen Sharing” option at the bottom. Click on it. You can also press "Alt + S" to quickly start / stop screen sharing in Zoom.
3. It will then ask you if you want share the entire screen or a specific application window. You can also choose “Whiteboard” if you want to teach something with the annotation tools. And if you want to share a part of the screen, go to the "Advanced" section. Once you are ready with your choice, click the "Share" button.
4. Voila, the screen will be shared with the participants instantly. You will also get a mobile menu bar where you can access most of the controls.
Share your Android screen in Zoom
1. On Android, the process is quite simple and straightforward. During a Zoom meeting, simply Touchez the "Share" button at the bottom and choose "Screen". You can also choose "whiteboard" if you like.
2. Now your Android device will ask you if you want to share the screen. Touchez "Start Now" and you're done. Zoom will run in the background and a small control bar will be available at the bottom, in case you want to annotate or end screen sharing. Please note that internal audio will not be shared, but your microphone will be active.
Share your iOS and iPadOS screen in Zoom
The steps are a bit long on iOS and iPadOS, but it is certainly doable. You just need to add "Screen Recording" to the Control Center and then everything is very simple. If you have already done so, you can simply skip to step # 2. Other than that, your device must be turned on iOS 11 or higher to access the screen sharing function in Zoom. Here are the steps to follow.
1. First, add "Screen Recording" to the Control Center. Open the application "Settings" and go to Control Center -> Customize Controls -> Add Screen Recording.
2. Now, during a Zoom meeting, Touchez "Share content" at the bottom and then select "Screen".
3. After that, swipe up to open the Control Center and hold down the "Record" button. Finally, Zoom will appear in a small dialog box. Select it and Touchez "Start Streaming." At the count of 3, the entire screen will be shared with the participants.
4. To stop sharing the screen, touch the red bar on top and choose "Stop".
How to start a screen sharing meeting in Zoom
If you want to start a screen sharing meeting, basically where you have audio access, display window, annotation tools, and blackboard, then follow these steps. It is especially useful for teachers and students. Note, however, that you can only start a desktop screen sharing meeting, including Windows, macOS and Linux.
1. Open the Zoom application and click the “Caret” icon down and deselect the option "Start with video".
2. Now, click on “New meeting” and it will show you a couple of details about your Zoom meeting. Here, click "Share Screen."
3. After that, you will be asked to choose a specific window or full screen. After that, click “share” and that's basically
Educate and learn with screen sharing
This is how you can share your screen in Zoom using the native function. As we reviewed the article, it became clear that Zoom has some powerful screen-sharing features, including annotation and whiteboard. On top of that, it also has some optimization options for better real-time screen sharing delivery. Anyway, that's all of us. For more information on these Zoom tips and tricks, stay in touch with us. And if the article seems informative to you, please comment below and let us know.