Voice audios are increasingly extended for their convenience to send messages that would be very long if we wrote it. But there are times when we want to share a voice message, but we don't want the other person to hear it in its entirety. Well, for that situation we bring you the way to trim audios on WhatsApp.
When we send a voice message, the application allows us to listen to it before sending it and, therefore, we can re-record it if we say something we don't want the other person to hear.
But we all have the situation of receiving a voice message and wanting to forward it to another person, but without hearing a specific part of that message. That is why we are going to tell you how to cut it.
How to crop on Android
Since WhatsApp does not let us cut, we will have to use an app that we can download from the Google Play Store that it's called Audio Cutter and Ringtone Maker.
- Download Audio Cutter and Ringtone Maker for Android
Once installed on our device we have to follow several steps to trim our WhatsApp audios.
- Open Audio Cutter and Ringtone Maker and select Open audio.
- In the next window we must click on “Choose between other applications"
- Now we click on the three points placed vertically that are in the part of up to the right and activate “Show internal storage"
- In the upper left part of the screen we have three vertical stripes in which we must press.
- Then under Downloads we will have the internal storage of our device, where we must press.
- We must go to the route of the WhatsApp audios which is WhatsApp / Media / WhatsApp Voice Notes.
- Now we look for the voice note that we want to trim and click on it.
- Now we put the controls so that what we don't want to be heard is red To cancel.
- In the buttons below you can zoom in or out of audio, move forward and backward, hit play to listen to it, we can save or delete selected and finally we have the button save definitely.
- When you click on save a new tab will open where you can choose the name and quality of the file resulting.
- Then a listing with audios that we have modified from where you can share it, among other options.
Obviously you can also share it in the traditional way from WhatsApp by selecting the file you have modified and sending it.
How to trim in iOS
If you have a iPhone you can also trim WhatsApp audios, although it must be done in a somewhat different way than in Android.
Stop it you must download a extension called Hokusai Audio Editor, one of the most popular audio editors for the platform Apple.
- Download Hokusai Audio Editor for iOS
- Now we select the voice note we want to trim and we give the Share option.
- Once this is done, we choose the audio editor that we have installed before.
- We cut the part we want and we give to save.
- Once the WhatsApp audio has been trimmed, we select again with the Share option, but now we choose WhatsApp to send it to whoever we want.
Now you know how to trim whatsapp audios, either those who send you or those you send, in order to eliminate those parts that you don't want the people with whom you are going to share them to listen to them.
Is it a function you are going to use a lot? Is it easy for you?