Yesterday we had anticipated the name, Sony Xperia 5. Today Sony officially presents the new Xperia 5 smartphone to the public, which will delight all owners or lovers of the series Compact by Sony.
Finally the return of the Compacts to one year and 6 months from the XZ2 Compact
Here are the technical features of the new Sony device:
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- CPU: octa-core (1 x 2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3 x 2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4 x 1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4X
- Internal storage: 128 GB expandable with microSD up to 1 TB
- Display: 6.1 ″ OLED – FHD + resolution (2520 x 1080 pixels) – aspect ratio 21: 9
HDR BT.2020 and DCI-P3 certification with Triluminous and X-Reality Engine technology
- Main camera:
- 12 MP f / 1.6 26 mm (Wide) Predictive PDAF Dual Pixel, 5-axis OIS
- 12 MP f / 2.4 52 mm (Telephoto) Predictive PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 12 MP f / 2.4 16 mm (Ultrawide)
- Video up to 4K @ 30 fps HDR
- Front camera:
- single 8 MP f / 2.0 24 mm (wide) – 5-axis EIS
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac dual band, Bluetooth 5.0 LE + A2DP + aptX HD, GPS with A-GPS + GLONASS + BDS + GALILEO, NFC, USB 3.1 with Type-C 1.0 connector (audio + data + charge)
- Sensors: fingerprints (right side), accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, barometer, proximity, brightness, color spectrum
- Colors: Blue, Red, Black, Gray
- Battery: 3140 mAh – Fast Charging 18W USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Dimensions: 158 x 68.3 x 8.3 mm
Sony Xperia 5 represents a partial return to the past for Sony's Mobile division. It is in fact the new top of the "compact" range of the Japanese company, which goes back to the design philosophy already seen on the Xperia 1 premium top at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
A Xperia 1, but smaller
Xperia 5 arrives on the market in October, just a few weeks after launch, unlike what happened with Xperia 1, for which it was need to wait several months. It will also be possible to pre-order the device on the official website of the manufacturer (and probably also with other partners such as Amazon) from next week.
Xperia 5 goes back to the park feature of the "big brother" Xperia 1, making it de facto a very attractive device for photography and video making enthusiasts, which need a smartphone always up to these tasks.
Also Xperia 5, in fact, arrives on the market equipped with Sony CineAlta technologies, for optimizing video recording and playback. The display takes a small step back as far as the resolution, which drops to Full HD +, but maintains the same general characteristics.
A smartphone certainly interesting, which is going to expand the line-up Sony, creating an alternative for those users who have not purchased Xperia 1 due to the fairly large size that Sony's top of the range possesses.