Apple announces that it will soon launch iOS 8.0.2 for iPhone and iPad
Yesterday afternoon Apple iOS 8.0.1 released the first update of the new version of its mobile operating system, iOS 8, and for the first time an update has included important issues related to the network connection and the Touch ID, mainly in the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This led the Californian society to quickly withdraw said firmware version and today they have published an official statement in this regard..
There are different solutions to momentarily solve the problems of iOS 8.0.1 on iPhone and iPad
After the problems presented by the new iOS 8.0.1, through an official support note Apple officially informs that iOS 8.0.2 will be released in the next few days. This new firmware version will arrive to solve all the problems that have been found in both iOS 8 and iOS 8.0.1.
In addition to this, Apple I take this opportunity to provide users with the way to solve the problems that iOS 8.0.1 has caused to the iPhone and iPad that they managed to update yesterday, especially on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This solution goes through a downgrade to the previous version of the operating system.
All people who have made the update can follow the step-by-step guide on how to downgrade the iPhone and iPad with iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8.0, in case they present the problems with the Touch ID and network.
How to downgrade from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad
For this we simply have to:
- Check that we have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect the iPhone to iTunes.
- Make a backup of your iPhone in iTunes for Mac or PC. Keep in mind that iCloud backups will not be restored to previous versions, including iOS 8.0.
- Download the Firmware corresponding to your device from our Firmware section.
- Once the corresponding file for your device has been downloaded, perform one of these actions in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Option key and click Check for updates.
- Windows: Press the Shift key and click Check for updates.
- Click on update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone or iPad.
It's important to put attention on Health app does not work on iOS 8 after performing these steps. Anyway, Apple it also ensures that this fault will be solved with the new version of the software for iPhone and iPad iOS 8.0.2.