Publishing your books can be a complicated task, especially when you are starting and you are not yet a renowned writer who has the backing of an editorial behind. If this is your case and you have not had that opportunity yet, you can publish your books in Amazon, which is a reference when buying this type of products, in an easy way by following a few simple steps.
In this way, you will have a great showcase since you will reach a large number of audiences and readers who can download your books and you will reach a projection quickly and effectively. Therefore, taking the step in the well-known online store is an excellent option for make a dent in the complicated publishing world. And, luckily as it looks to check or you have to perform especially complex processes and, therefore, everything is quite intuitive.
How to Choose a Tablet, The Best Tablets (Basic Guide)
How to use Kindle Direct Publishing of Amazon
To achieve the objective of this article, you have to resort to Kindle Direct Publishing. This is a website owned by Amazon in which freelance writers can publish their books directly, for this you can access with your user from the online store owned by Jeff Bezos, either Prime or Standard. This step is essential since if you are not registered you will not be able to continue, however it is important to indicate that registering at Amazon KDP is absolutely gratuitous.
At this point it is time to indicate the steps so you can publish your book so that you start with your career as a writer and, at the same time, editor. This is what you have to do:
- The first thing you should do is choose if you want to publish the book in paper and softcover or eBook (the menu is practically the same, but we will show the eBook).
- Then you have to fill in the basic information, such as the title, the language in which the book is written, description, author, keywords or if you have age restrictions. It is also possible to mark if you want it to be part of a series of books to make it easier to search on the web.
- Now you have to make use of the options Save and continue.
- The time comes when you have to upload the content, which is the book that has been written
- The next step is the possibility of enabling the DRM (Digital Rights Management) to prevent sharing and distribution of book files without authorization. If enabled, this makes it easier for users to Kindle they can lend the book to each other, but for a period of time, after this they will have to buy it, which is what it is all about.
- Once uploaded you can access Preview which is a preview of the eBook so you can see how the book would look. This serves to see if you have made a mistake or there is an error, since if so you can not edit it directly from the web, you have to do it in the original document and upload it again.
- If you are satisfied you only have to mark in the upper left in return.
- Now you can choose if you want to include ISBN or not in your book (it is not mandatory, but we do recommend it). If you choose it, the book is registered in a public and official way.
- At this point Amazon It gives you the possibility to design your own cover, there are different templates with which to upload an image and mount a text on it. If you already have a cover designed, click on a cover that you already own and it will be uploaded directly. The format here can only be TIFF or JPG.
- Finally it remains to put the price on your book. You have the option to choose the percentage of price that you are going to stay, between 35% and 70%. You can choose 70% if the price of the book is between € 2.99 and € 9.99, if you want the book to cost more or less you will have to choose 35%. To receive the amount you will have to fill in your bank details, address and telephone number in the section My account.
- Once you have completed all your data, the publication process will begin, which can take up to 72 hours, at which time you will have your book published in Amazon.
Cheats for Chrome for Android: tabs, search engine and more
As you can see, it is not nothing complicated get to publish books in Amazon and, in this way, become your own editor. Maybe it's the opportunity you were waiting for.