Android developer Ranashock has created a watchface for Xiaomi's Mi Band 4 smart bracelet, which makes us believe that its screen is transparent. The image, in fact, is a picture of your own arm, taken focusing on the region under the device.
The creative solution was valued because of the quality of the Mi Band 4 screen, which in this version is made with AMOLED technology and is much sharper than the screen of the previous version.
The cool thing is that dev left the most important information on display in his custom watchface. Users will be able to view the time, battery level and number of steps.
Here's how to install the “transparent” watchface on your Mi Band 4:
- On your smartphone, open the Mi Fit app and apply any theme;
- Using the file manager, navigate to Android> Data> com.xiaomi.hm.health> Files> watch_skin_local> theme folder you last applied;
- Copy the name of the .bin files and delete it;
- Browse to the download folder and rename the downloaded watchface with the copied name;
- Copy the renamed file and paste it into the original watchface folder;
- Now go back to Mi Fit on your phone and reapply the theme one more time;
- Then just sync the Mi Band 4 and the watchface will be displayed.
Although not a genuinely transparent theme (because it would depend on the bracelet's own chassis), the unusual watchface will make many people stand with their hair when looking at your arm.