We had a few days without a new version for the insiders of the beta ring and today we bring you all the news that includes the new update, which will reach all the insiders of this ring from 23:00 today. Many arrangements and a very interesting novelty for those who want to have the latest dashboard. Yes, today will come the new version of it, but not to everyone. We tell you all the details below.
What's new in the Xbox One operating system
We already told you in the last update that the new dashboard (simpler, with the aim of simplifying the user experience) had no confirmed date and was not going to arrive until further notice. Today we can confirm that yes, it will come with this update, but not to everyone. 50% of the people who receive this update will receive this new experimental dashboard. The reasons that only reach half of those who are part of this ring have not given them, but presumably it will be to prevent many problems.
Bug fixes update
- Fixed a bug where a game was still showing as installing despite the installation being completed.
- Fixed an issue that affected an LFG message could disappear from the Guide.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when changing the online status.
- Fixed a bug in which the narrator did not narrate sections of the players' score in the Guide section.
- Some updates already properly reflect the languages in the console.
- Some improvements when closing apps or games from the dashboard.
Known bugs on Xbox One
- Users who try to watch a stream in the Mixer section will open the Mixer app when a stream is selected (Note: this is the expected behavior, what we are investigating is a problem with Mixer's display enhancements).
- Some users who have Dolby Atmos enabled with 120 hz at 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing Dolby Atmos losses in some situations.
- As a temporary solution, remove 120 hz or set video fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or less.
- There are users unable to start Dolby Atmos in the app or the app does not recognize helmets as compatible with Dolby Atmos.
- This error has to do with the Dolby Atmos app itself and its developers are aware of everything and investigating how to solve it.
- Some users have reported that their list of friends and their status is not updated properly.
- Some players who have changed their Gamertag with the new console function do not see these changes reflected in the console.
My games and applications
- Some users have reported that some of their games disappear from the Ready to Install list. Note: We have added additional logins to find a solution to this problem. If this happens with the new update, please give us feedback and include the names of the games that have disappeared.
- Some players have experienced sudden shutdowns unexpectedly from the console using Netflix. Note: Do not turn off the console manually, this behavior is expected and information is being collected to solve it. The console will restart itself, although it takes a little more time for it.
- Some players have reported that the console is turned off by playing some games. Note: Do not turn off the console manually, this behavior is expected and information is being collected to solve it. The console will restart itself, although it takes a little more time for it.
- Some players may find that their color profile changes to something other than the one they have chosen when turning on the console.