In addition to the presentation of an Overwatch porting, Nintendo shows in a new Direct upcoming changes for the Switch, In addition to new information on upcoming games Nintendo also presents other SNES classics that the SwitchOnline service can be added as well as a classic SNES controller for the Switch,
20 classics from the 6th of September
Already for the presentation of Nintendo Switch Online was the implementation of NES games on the Switch a component of the subscription. Nintendo is now following 20 more tracks from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. In addition, the company has announced that it will steadily expand its games portfolio. Conceivable here would be regular additions such as the NES titles or a monthly changing offer.
In addition to the SNES titles, Nintendo also introduces a new controller for the Switch in front. The controller, based on the original SNES pad, is wireless and is charged via USB Type C. The controller should be there Switch-Online subscribers and is also limited to one controller per membership. As a price Nintendo calls around 30 euros.
Doom 64 and Star Wars: Jedi Knight II for the Switch
With Doom 64 is also another classic on the Switch ported. The Nintendo 64 adaptation was released in 1997 and was developed by Midway Games in cooperation with id Software. For the Switch Doom 64 will be released on November 22, 2019. Whether the title is also part of the fee-based Switch-Online subscriptions or a regular purchase title is meanwhile unknown. Already announced in July on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the series, the titles Doom, Doom II and Doom III are also for the Switch available.
In addition, the Star Wars classic Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast finds its way onto the Nintendo Switch and should appear on September 24, 2019.
Further SwitchAnnouncements in the overview
In addition to the new productions and portals goes Shinya Takahashi, Director General of the Department of Game Development (General Manager of the Entertainment Planning & Development Division and Supervisor of the Business Development Division and Development Administration & Support Division), on upcoming game novelties, which are also presented in the video presentation.
Takahashi discusses the following titles and innovations in the video, highlighting Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Shield, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The complete list of all upcoming games including release date can be found at the end of the message.
In addition, Nintendo has over YouTube released a teaser that points to a possible new accessory in combination with a new game. On the Internet there are more and more suspicions that it could be a kind of Wii Sports. With Nintendo Labo the manufacturer has already broken new ground.
- Luigi's Mansion 3, published on October 31, 2019
- Super Kirby Clash, published on September 5, 2019
- Trials of Mana, published on April 24, 2020
- Return of the Obra Dinn, release autumn 2019
- Little Town Hero, published October 16, 2019
- Banjo and Kazooie for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, September 5, 2019
- Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, in development
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Release on September 20, 2019
- Dragon Quest XI S: Fighter of Fate, release September 27, 2019
- Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore, released January 17, 2020
- Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise, Release 2020
- Deadly Premonition Origins, published September 5, 2019
- Divinity: Original Sin II, published on 5 September 2019
- Rogue Company, publication 2020
- Pokémon Sword and Shield, Released November 15, 2019
- Tetris 99 Update Version 2.0, released on September 5, 2019
- Tetris 99 (Retail), published on September 20, 2019
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympics: Tokyo 2020, released on November 8, 2019
- Daemon X Machina, published on September 13, 2019
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition, released October 15, 2019
- Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection, published December 6, 2019
- Just Dance 2020, released on November 5, 2019
- Grid Autosport, released on September 19, 2019
- Farming Simulator 20, published December 3, 2019
- Ni no Kuni: The Curse of the White Queen, published on September 20, 2019
- NBA 2K20, published on September 6, 2019
- Call of Cthulhu, published on October 8, 2019
- The Outer Worlds, release "Coming soon"
- Devil May Cry 2, published September 19, 2019
- Vampyr, published on October 29, 2019
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons, published on March 20, 2020
- Xenoblade Chronicles – Definitive Edition, Release 2020