The Apple TV now plays movies and series in any video format thanks to VLC
The popular application to watch movies and series on iPhone and iPad, VLC, from today is also available for Apple TV and allows playback of most video formats that are not currently supported natively by this device. Thanks to VLC we can now see in the Apple TV many more video and audio formats that tvOS does not support, as with the version of the application for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. As expected, the application is completely free in the App Store of Apple TV.
In addition to this, the version of this application for iOS devices has been updated and now, among some of its main novelties, we can count on the support for the SMB format for file sharing, new functions for the Apple Watch, security is enhanced with support for the Touch ID and many other options. In addition, you improve the graphical interface and correct some bugs. Know all the features of this application and download it below.
What is VLC?
For those who do not know this application, VLC is a multimedia player designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, with which you can play all your movies, programs and music in most formats without conversion. In addition, it allows synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through shared WiFi as well as flows of UPnP media servers and the web. VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multitrack audio and playback speed control.
What's new in version 2.7.0 of VLC
Here we leave you with all the news of this new version of the application:
- Abandoned support for iOS 6.1. now VLC requires iOS 7.0.
- Added support for exchanging SMB files.
- Rewritten the extension of Apple Watch for watchOS 2.
- Media stored in folders on remote servers are now displayed in a list.
- The network user interface has been redone.
- Added support for searching the entire CoreSpotlight system.
- Added improved user interface support for languages from right to left.
- Added support for the split screen appearance in iOS 9.
- Added support for Touch ID to unlock the application.
- Option to configure continuous playback.
- Option to configure gestures.
- Added support for music albums with more than 1 disc.
- Now shows the duration of the chapter on the screen during playback.
- The Stream URL is now shared across all devices.
- The stored access information is shared on all devices.
- Access credentials through the cloud are now shared on all devices.
Download VLC from the App Store
If you do not have this application for watch movies and series on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, with any video format, you can install it through the direct download link, from the App Store, which you will find below.
VLC is in the App Store, requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It is available in the following languages: Spanish, AfriKaans, German, Belarusian, Norwegian Bokmål, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Danish, Slovak, Slovenian, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, English, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Dutch, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Swedish, Thai, Tamil, Turkish, Ukrainian, Arabic.