The wait is over: Google has released Android 10 in the final version for download. We summarize what is new and on which smartphones you can install the new operating system immediately.
Android 10 is here: Google releases new operating system
After several months of development, Google has just released Android 10 in its final version. From now on, owners of the following Google smartphones can install the update:
update: Android 10 was also released as an update for the Essential Phone. Thanks for the hint in the comments. In addition, Xiaomi has released the update for the Redmi K20 Pro.
All Google smartphones that have come onto the market so far will be updated. This is not self-evident, but Google officially announces that the Pixel smartphones should receive only two years big Android updates. The first pixel phones would have to be out. Fortunately, that's not the case, so Google makes happy all pixel buyers and serves as a good role model.
Android 10: This is new
Google has launched a new Android page and listed all important changes there. As a small bonus you can switch the website into a "dark mode". Exactly the same function brings Android 10 namely also finally. The following innovations are integrated:
- Smart Reply: Android 10 detects what it's about in messages and suggests not just the right answers, but also apps that open content – such as Google Maps.
- Dark Theme: As mentioned above, Android 10 brings a "dark fashion". Fits perfectly with the OLED screens of pixel phones.
- Gesture Navigation: With the revised gesture navigation, the operation of Android 10 on large smartphones should be easier.
- Live Caption: Starting in autumn, Android will be able to subtitle 10 videos in real time.
- Location data: With Android 10, you can specify that apps use the location data only when you are in the app. The operating system also informs you if it is accessed inappropriately.
- Data protection: Google has greatly improved privacy. There are many new features and options in Android 10 to strengthen the privacy of their users.
- updates: Google can update in Android 10 over the Google Play Store to distribute.
- Notifications: In Android 10 you can now determine exactly which notifications are displayed and which not. If you want absolute silence, no notifications are displayed in time – not even as a pop-up or icon.
- Family Link: The "Family Link" feature allows parents to access the children's "Digital Well Being" data and see how often the phone is being used and which apps are being used. Parents can set limits.
- Focus Mode: If you want to focus on a task, you can hide certain notifications until you leave focus mode.
These were some of the new features of Android 10. On the new website of Google learn all the other details. Write us in the comments, if you have already received the update.