The Uber app accepts cash and payments with credit and debit cards, for added security and convenience of users. Cancellations for payment method discrimination have been reduced by 65% *, thanks to several initiatives, including automatic language detection technology in messages.
The Uber app offers you different alternatives when paying for your trips; You can take your dollar bills or coins for cash payment or register your credit or debit card so that the trip fare is automatically discounted, being a practical and secure form of payment.
The Uber app now has a process that allows us to detect messages that refer to the payment method. Using this technology, internal actions have been taken to reduce cancellations by payment method by 65%, as part of our commitment to users to offer a 5-star travel experience.
“At Uber, we are always aware of users and we hear their concern about the rate of travel cancellations for card payments. We have taken measures to improve the service provided by drivers to users, regardless of the payment method, achieving a 65% decrease in cancellations by payment method, all with a view to a better experience for all users. " commented Carolina Coto, Uber Communications Manager for Central America.
The user can choose the payment method of their choice without worrying that their trip can be canceled.
Below we explain the forms of payment for trips with the Uber El Salvador app:
Payment with cash
Within the Payment section, you can choose the payment method Cash. Go ahead, you can request your trip using the Uber app normally. When the trip ends, you can pay the Driving Partner according to the rate indicated by the app.
Payment by credit or debit card
Option 1: Scan
The easiest way to enter your data into the application is to scan your debit or credit card. The steps to do it are as follows:
- When you are configuring your payment method in the Uber app, you can click on the camera icon.
- Your phone may ask you for permission for the app to use the camera. Such authorization must be given.
- Then, place the card in front of the cell phone screen, so that the 4 corners are inside the green box that appears. If your card has the letters and numbers with reliefs, it will detect it faster.
- You will then be asked to enter the expiration date of the card, the CVV number and the billing postal code.
- Finally, just click on Save.
Option 2: Manual data entry
The Uber app also provides the option to enter the data manually, performing as follows:
- Enter the card number, expiration date, CVV number, and billing postal code.
- Then, click on Save.
If you have a credit or debit card registered in your account and request a trip to Uber, the bank statement may show you a pre-authorization charge. This charge is a temporary withholding, not a definitive charge, and will correspond to the estimated value of your trip. The actual charge will only be made if the trip is made.
Changes to the registered card
In case you need to change any information on the registered card, it is also possible to do so. To do this, you can follow these four simple steps:
- Select where it says Payment in the app menu.
- Choose the payment option you want to update.
- Click on the three point icon and click to edit.
- Make changes and click Save when finished.
It is important to consider that it is not allowed to edit the card number. If you need to change the card number itself, it must be removed from the registry and added again. In the case that you want to add another card you just have to select where it says Payment, in the application menu. Then you click where it says Add payment and there you configure your payment method with the new card data.
If you are already on the trip and want to change your payment method, you can do so between the registered cards. You should consider that since you are in a city that accepts cash as a payment option, you will not be able to change to cash during or after a trip.
The Uber application is changing the way people move around the world, efficiently connecting users with Driver Partners, offering efficient mobility alternatives for users and new economic opportunities for Driver Partners. Uber is for everyone.
* A 65% decrease in cancellations from the highest point of cancellations to date.