Software updates have always been the Achilles heel of Android, and more if we enter the tablet sector. While Apple keeps up to date a large part of their iPad, the panorama on Android is totally different, or so it seemed so far. Without prior notice from the company, Samsung has released the update to Android 9 Pie on two of its reference tablets. We refer to the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and Tab 2017, models that were launched two years ago and that today have Android Oreo.
Android Pie for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and Tab A 2017: all the news
The users of the Galaxy Tab A 2017 and Tab S3 are in luck: the update to Android 9 Pie is already starting to be distributed in some countries of Asia. Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines are the first to receive the update officially, and subsequently it is expected that it will reach the rest of the markets, such as the European and Latin American markets.
Beyond the update of the Android base to Android 9.0, the main novelty of the update has to do with the transition from Samsung Experience to Samsung One UI, the new version of the Samsung layer that introduces an important visual change focused on the visual optimization of space.
As for the rest of the novelties of Android 9 Pie under One UI, we leave you below with the complete list published by Samsung:
- New user interface based on One UI, the new version of Samsung's personalization layer.
- Android version updated to Android 9.0 version.
- Security patch updated to June 1.
- Dark mode configurable from the Settings application.
- Redesign of the notification bar notifications: we can now answer directly from the notification, as well as display multimedia elements such as images or videos.
- Renewed keyboard with new themes whose color varies depending on the active application.
- The floating keyboard is now compatible with all applications.
- New emojis and emoticons based on Unicode 11.
- Improvement in the opening times of the applications.
- New function of Control of the time of use to know the exact time that we spend inside the applications.
- New gesture system to navigate.
How to upgrade to Android 9 Pie
Upgrading to the latest system version is as simple as going to the Software Updates section within the Settings application.
Once inside, click on Check system updates. The new package ready to download appears automatically. We will just have to click on Download and install and this will begin to download for later installation.
Via | Sammobile
Other news about … Android 9, Samsung Galaxy