These days there are many groups of active hackers and our personal data is at stake. Fortunately, Android comes with some of the best security features that exist. If that is not enough, you can easily download and install one of the best firewall applications for Android to keep your device safe from anyone who wants to attack your phone.
Most likely, you don't need an application from firewall if you use the apps from the Google Play store because they are already verified by Google. In case you want to install an APK or applications that are not available in the Google Play store, from an external source, one of the advantages of a firewall application is that it allows you to see if those applications want to communicate without you knowing .
The best firewall for Android
No root Firewall
As the name implies, NoRoot Firewall It is a great way to control how your device uses the Internet. The application allows you to easily manage all applications and how they use your Internet. Fortunately, it is not necessary to root our smartphone to use this application.
- Root is not needed.
- Access control based on IP / host / domain;
- Simple interface;
- Minimum permissions
- A great thing about this application is its ability to block the use of background data and only allow foreground data to run freely. You can analyze, record and initiate the use of data for each application and get useful details about them.
In conclusion, this is the perfect solution if you want a firewall for Android without root. It offers you complete protection for your Android device.
Get it on Google Play
The firewall application Mobiwol It can be used not only to reduce data usage, but also to save battery power, as well as protect our privacy. You can directly control the applications installed on your Android device with this application.
- Firewall protection for Android without using root;
- Automatic launch when starting the device;
- Full visibility of the use of the data;
- Identify and notify when newly installed applications access the Web.
- If one of the applications has become corrupt and has used a lot of background data, you can simply restrict its use. You can also receive alerts when a new application tries to access the Internet. The application may not be as effective as the dedicated battery-saving applications for Android, but it works well in combination with them.
You can get this App by clicking here.
Netguard It is a simple and effective way to block Internet access on our device. The best part is that you don't even need access to block malicious websites from the device. The addresses and even the applications can be configured individually to access the Android device.
- A root is not needed;
- Supports IPv4 / IPv6 TCP / UDP;
- Developed and actively supported;
- No advertising
- There were many features available that allow you to customize the experience you have with this firewall application for Android. For example, you can easily block when roaming.
You can also block Internet access from system applications, allowing them to remain as they are and not receive any updates.
Click here and get this application.
Droid Firewall it is perhaps the application of firewall for Android oldest and most popular available in the app store Google Play Store. Even though it shows ads, it is still one of the best Android firewalls in the market.
- Mobile data reset;
- Wi-Fi data reset;
- Grant / reject system and installed applications;
- Minimum permissions
- A bad part of this application is that it has built-in ads, but you can update the application to the professional mode for $ 4 and get rid of them in addition to enjoying other features such as obtaining information about the traffic log.
Get it totally free here
GlassWire Data Usage Monitor
Glasswire It is basically a data usage monitor that allows you to view and control the use of data on your Wi-Fi and mobile connection. You can allow or deny that some applications connect to the Internet and send you alerts that some applications are running in the background. In most cases, it works as an application for firewall And it may be the solution for you.
- Real-time notification with the use of traffic;
- Set data usage limit;
- Block applications so they don't connect to the Internet;
- See suspicious activity;
- Root is not needed.
Link for download on Google Play.
If you want to install one of the best applications of firewall for Android, you will have to download AFWall +, one of the best you can get. The application has a very nice interface and works very well on almost any device.
You must keep in mind that you will have to root your device to use this application.
- Search applications;
- Filter applications;
- Support for IPV6 / IPV4;
- Notify about new facilities.
- AFWall + (Android Firewall +) is basically a front-end application that allows you to restrict which applications can access your data networks. In addition, it also allows you to limit and control network traffic used by applications within your local area network or while connected through a VPN. If you want security without limitations and have the freedom of Google restrictions, then better check this application.
AFWALL + can be downloaded for free here.
The entry The 6 best firewall for Android was first published on Planet Network.