How can i fix Windows isn't it genuine mistakes?
- Use RSOP command
- Use the SLMGR-REARM command
- Check if your license is really legitimate
- Run the original Microsoft advanced diagnostic tool
- Uninstall update KB971033 if you are using Windows 7
- Deactivate updates
This copy of Windows it's not genuine is one of the most common mistakes in Windows operating system. As a result of encountering this error, the desktop background set by you will turn into a black screen, the battery life will decrease as this message keeps popping up on the laptop and more.
Some of the Windows 10 functions will no longer work unless you delete this message. This alert can be quite annoying, especially when working with important things, as it appears at regular intervals.
However, you can still do other things on your PC, like completing your work and using the computer as before. The main reason your computer displays this error is that you did not activate your Windows license after trial period.
You may also receive this error because the license Windows The operating system you are using has expired or is locked.
Also, if you share your Windows When you license to other people, such as friends or family members, Microsoft may block your license due to use on multiple computers or attempts to activate the same license too many times. If you see this error on your Windows computer, this article will show you how to fix it.
Windows is not genuine: here is how to remove this alert
Solution 1: Use the RSOP command
You can try to resolve the error generated in your Windows screen through the RSOP method, where RSOP represents the resulting policy set window, following the steps below:
- press Windows and R keyboard buttons to open the Run window
- Type rsop.msc there and press Get in button
- Navigate to Windows settings, click on Security system and then go to System services
- Look for the Connect and play services, then right click on it and then start looking for the Start up and then click on the Automatic
- press Windows and R buttons like you did in the first step and paste gpupdate / force in the run box
- Restart your computer.
Solution 2: Use the SLMGR-REARM command
By using command prompt and a simple command, you can fix this problem in both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, and on all versions of Windows operating system:
- Launch command prompt as administrator by clicking Start, type cmd in the search box and then right click on Symbol of the system and choose Execute as an administrator
- Type SLMGR – REARM or SLMGR / REARM
- You will see a confirmation window, click OK and restart your computer
Note: SLMGR is Windows software license management tool. The REARM command will reset the license status of the machine.
Solution 3: Check if your license is really legitimate
If you have paid for a license and now find it to be fake, you could address the issue with Microsoft, report counterfeit software and see what happens. Also, you should contact your vendor as Microsoft support in most cases will only help you solve the problem when you buy Windows OS from the Microsoft store.
Solution 4: Run the original Microsoft advanced diagnostic tool
the Original Microsoft Advantage Diagnostic Tool provides detailed information about the Microsoft Genuine Advantage components and configurations currently on your system. It will allow you to automatically diagnose and resolve problems. Run the tool, copy your findings to your clipboard and then send a Genuine Windows request for technical support from Microsoft.
Download the tool, run the MGADiag.exe and click Continue to see the results. There will be some useful information, such as validation status, that could tell you if the product key is invalid or a corporate key blacklisted. You may also be notified if the LegitCheckControl.dll file has been altered, in which case there might be some form of crack in your Windows install that has been detected. If there is a problem that the tool can fix, click the Solve button.
Solution 5: Uninstall update KB971033 if you are using Windows 7
Update KB971033 could be the source of your problem in case you are using Windows 7. If you receive the message This copy of Windows is not genuine so this means that Windows you have an updated file that is able to detect your Windows operating system.
Therefore this requires uninstalling the next update to get rid of this problem.
- Open Control Panel
- Go Windows to update section
- Click on View installed updates
- After loading all installed updates, check for updates KB971033 and uninstall
- Restart your computer
Solution 6: Turn off updates
To make sure that this copy of Windows message is not genuine does not return, be sure to turn it off automatically Windows updates To turn off the automatic Windows updates, you need:
- Open the Control Panel from the Start button
- Go Windows to update option
- Click on Install updates automatically option and select Never check for updates (Not recommended)
- Click on Apply to change the settings and restart your computer
Note: Your computer now never has this error again. However, you cannot update your Windows to the latest version to correct bugs or get new features.
Overall, we hope that the methods described above have helped you correct the error message indicating your copy of Windows it is not genuine. There may be other methods as well, but these are easy to follow. Also, to avoid such problems, the pirated version of Windows and you must have an original copy of Windows official microsoft
From the editor Note: This post was originally published in September 2018 and has since been renewed and updated in April 2020 to provide freshness, precision and comprehensiveness.