Have you been asked to create a website for your church? If you are not a professional web designer or developer, this can be a daunting task.
The good news is that there are many ways to create a church website that looks great and does everything you need.
This guide compares the best church website builders you can use to create a church website without writing any code.
How to find the best church website creator for you
If you are considering which site builder to choose, look for features to help you perform important tasks.
Create a calendar: You should specify your regular services and possibly other activities on your site.
Upload sermons: If you plan to post sermons on your site, make it easy.
Different user accounts and authorizations: You probably want some church members (volunteers) to update the site if necessary, without giving them access to everything.
Allow members to register and login: You may want some content, such as B. Church meeting minutes available only to registered Church members.
Accept donations: If you want to receive donations through your site, make sure that your church's web software supports it.
Designs and templates: You should choose a site builder who has multiple church site templates. You'll also want simple layout customization that allows you to customize the layout, add images, update colors, and more to create a church website that matches your church brand.
Let's take a look at the pros and cons of the most popular church website builders so you can choose the best software for your needs.
WordPress.org is no. 1- Church website creation software. It is the world's most popular website builder and controls over 35% of all websites on the Internet.
Note that WordPress.org, also called "self-hosted WordPress," is different from WordPress.com (mentioned later in this article). To find out how they differ, check out our guide to comparing WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
WordPress is a completely free website builder that gives you full control and all the features you need to create a website. However, since you are hosting yourself, you need a domain name and web hosting to create a WordPress site.
- WordPress offers hundreds of different church templates and themes that you can use for free and for a fee. Here's our selection of experts on the best church themes for WordPress.
- Plugins cover all the features that your church website may need. For example, you might want to have the Sermon Manager plugin and one of these donation and donation plugins for your church website.
- WordPress has over 55,000 free WordPress plugins that are similar to the apps for your site and allow you to add additional features like contact forms, photo galleries, sliders and more.
- You can use popular WordPress site builder plugins like Divi, Elementor or Beaver Builder to create fully custom church websites without writing any code.
- With WordPress, you can create as many user accounts as you like. These can be configured with different roles and permissions, so you can restrict full administrator access to just one or two people.
- With WordPress you own your site. You don't have to worry about ads popping up on your site like other free or cheap website builders do.
- There is a large WordPress support community that makes it easy to get help when you need it. We even run ours for free Facebook Group called WPBeginner Engage, where you can find lots of encouragement and support.
- You will need to perform updates, backups and security yourself. However, there are many WordPress plugins that can help with this.
- WordPress can sometimes be a little daunting when you're just getting started. You may find that there is a small learning curve.
WordPress itself is free, but you must pay for a domain name and web hosting. The cost of a domain name is generally between 9 and 15 US dollars a year, and web hosting generally starts around 7 $ 99 a month.
Fortunately, Bluehost, a popular web hosting company, agreed to offer WPBeginner readers a free domain name and a generous 60% discount on hosting. Basically you can use a church site for 2 $ 75 per month.
→ Click here to take advantage of this exclusive Bluehost offer ←
After setting up your domain and hosting, read our step-by-step guide to creating a WordPress site.
note: You can use WordPress with all the major hosting providers. If for some reason you want another hosting provider, we recommend SiteGround or one of these top WordPress hosting companies.
2, Constant contact with the creator of the site
Constant Contact Website Builder is one of our best options for an all-in-one site solution. They offer web hosting so you don't have to buy it separately.
Constant Contact website builder works with artificial intelligence (AI). This makes it very easy and fast for you to create a church website.
- You can use Constant Contact Website Builder for free. This is a great opportunity for small churches or those on a tight budget.
- Creating your church site is very fast. Just enter "church" as the type of site and you will get the appropriate images you can use. Then you can click on some options to finish creating your site.
- 24/7 Support is available. You can also contact your team via email or live chat using the free plan. We found the live chat team helpful and quick to respond.
- The design and layout of your website can be customized in almost every conceivable way. Constant Contact has a large image library (over 550,000). Of course, you can also upload your own photos.
- While there is no special donation feature, you can also create and sell products on the free site plan. You can create a product called "Donation" or something similar. However, donors cannot set their own amount.
- All plans, including the free one, come with an SSL certificate. In this way, your site can use the secure https protocol instead of http.
- You can connect Constant Contact sites with its powerful email marketing service to send out regular newsletters.
- You can't create multiple users for your site, even if you don't have one of the paid plans. If you want other users to be able to edit the site, give them your login. This can lead to security breaches or someone accidentally deleting pages from the site.
- If you want to use a custom domain name instead of a name ending with constantcontactsites.comYou need to upgrade to a free plan. These start at $ 10 / month. However, you get your free domain name for this plan.
- Your site displays ads on the free plan. You must update to remove them.
- Constant Contact has a 3% commission on web sales for free and start-up plans, which means it is not an ideal platform to receive donations.
Constant Contact Website Builder has a free plan. If you want to remove ads and use your own domain name, you need to pay $ 10 a month for the starter plan.
The Business Plus plan for $ 20 / month can come in handy if your church wants to sell products, event tickets, or other things online.
3, Gator from HostGator
Gator is another all-in-one website builder that makes it a great choice if you want to make things as simple as possible. You can choose from different site templates to create your site.
HostGator fully hosts it for you, one of the world's largest web hosting platforms.
- You have unlimited pages, space and bandwidth for your site. This means that you don't have to worry about running out of space or charging if your site receives a lot of traffic.
- A domain name is free (for 12 Months) any plan you have. Alternatively, if you have already purchased a domain name from another domain registrar, you can simply link it to your site.
- Support available 24/7 through live chat, phone and email.
- There are over 200 different templates available. You can customize them, but you cannot completely change the templates.
- Unlike Wix, WordPress, or Constant Contact, Gator does not have free plans and there is no free trial available.
- There is no easy way to accept donations through your site unless you pay for the e-commerce plan.
- The price is not very transparent. Your site may cost you a little more than you expect over time.
Gator's cheapest plan starts at $ 3 / month, so you must pay two years in advance. If you want to pay monthly, the price is 4 $ 99 / month.
Please note that all prices quoted are only valid for your "first period" on your site. If you select option 4 $ 99 / month, paying from the second month $ 999.
4, Del Faith
Sharefaith is a popular site builder designed specifically for churches. It is a dedicated platform and you have a support team to get started.
- There are many different templates for church sites to choose from. All of these are specifically designed for churches so you don't overlook many irrelevant ones.
- You can see and test the site builder without paying anything. Just select a template to display.
- Sharefaith migrates your old site for free (as long as you pay for an annual plan).
- There are many different images, eg. B. Website banners to choose from. You can also upload your own images to use on your site.
- You can easily add audio or video recordings of sermons to your site. With these, you can choose who preached the sermon and what series it was on.
- There is a built-in calendar function that allows you to list services and other events.
- With your website you also get Sharefaith Giving. This makes it easy for you to accept donations and tithes through their website.
- Membership includes access to the entire Sharefaith media library with over 90,000 graphics, images, videos, etc.
- You can use the "Advanced" tools to add more users to your Sharefaith site.
- Sharefaith is definitely not the cheapest website builder out there and it probably won't suit churches on a tight budget.
- It is limited to the functionality of Sharefaith. Unlike WordPress, you don't have access to the same level of plugins or extensions.
Sharefaith costs $ 45 / month if you pay annually, or $ 50 / month if you pay monthly for your “Media + Web” plan. This plan is the minimum you can buy if you want to create a website.
This may be worthwhile if you want to use many of the special features, such as B. the ability to upload sermons.
5, Ministerial Drafts
Ministry Designs is another site that specializes in providing church-only sites.
- There are many amazing templates to choose from, all of which are fully responsive. This means that they look good on both mobile devices and computers.
- There's unlimited training, and your assigned Minister of Success Representative uses screen sharing technology to show you exactly how to build your site.
- You get an hour of the first call and the support you need to build your site later.
- Ministry Designs is very church oriented and offers features that allow you to upload sermons, create a calendar, and even create and manage an email list.
- You can have multiple user accounts for your site. You can 3 have free users or more if you pay more.
- The support team was very attentive and friendly. You can contact them through the site's live chat without registering.
- You pay a great entrance fee. Driving accommodation isn't super cheap, either.
- The templates are not necessarily better or more advanced than the ones you could use in other website builders (much cheaper).
- Ministry Designs does not create or design its website for you. They just help you through the process of using your templates.
The Ministry designs it calculates in advance $ 1,000 for its software and support. Then you pay 20 USD per month of continuous stay.
There is much to pay. It may be worth it if your church needs a site, but there are no volunteers with the technical skills to build a site without a lot of practical support.
Nucleus is an all-in-one church site builder with many useful features, such as the ability to upload sermons and create email lists.
- There is a 30-day free trial that does not require credit card information. If you need more time to evaluate the creator of the site, just contact Nucleus and you will have more time.
- Nucleus offers "grants" to small churches and startups. It's worth asking if your church would have trouble paying Nucleus' regular payment plans.
- There is a lot of useful documentation and live chat support.
- The nucleus is said to be a "nerve center" for your church. A special focus is on the registration forms, so you have only one place where you can refer people.
- There is one Facebook In a group, you can talk to other people who use Nucleus to build the Church website.
- When you log in to Nucleus, you also have access to the video clip library. Please note that only a small number of them are available during your free trial.
- There are many pre-built social media posts that you can use on your social media channels. These are all images with text overlay and suggested title.
- The support team just left 9:00 available. from 1700: 00 EST, which can mean that sometimes you have to wait a long time to get a response.
- To receive donations, you must pay a fixed fee for this RebelGive service. However, it may be worth it if you receive a lot of donations through their site.
- You currently cannot have more users for your site. When we asked the support team, they said this feature would be added in the future.
Nucleus costs $ 125 / month if you pay monthly or $ 99 / month if you pay one year in advance.
You no longer have to pay as your site grows. It is a single fixed price that gives you access to all features.
WordPress.com is a hosted all-in-one platform based on the same underlying code as WordPress.org.
It is easy to confuse the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. The key is knowing that WordPress.com is a commercial offering, while WordPress.org software is free and open source.
There are restrictions on what you can do with WordPress.com, and the free plan is quite limited. Therefore, we generally recommend WordPress.org. However, in some situations, WordPress.com may be the right choice.
- WordPress.com hosts it, so you don't have to worry about backups, updates, or security. Everything is handled in your name.
- There are hundreds of different themes (layouts) to choose from for your site. This includes many free and premium options suitable for churches.
- Paid plans are pretty cheap if you're on a tight budget.
- Switching from WordPress.com to WordPress.org in the future is pretty easy. This helps keep your options open.
- You cannot customize your site in the same way as many other site builders.
- WordPress doesn't have a drag and drop interface like some other website builders, so managing it can be more difficult.
- The free plan is very limited and does not offer support.
Paid plans are pretty cheap and start from scratch $ 4 per Month (billed annually) for 24/7 custom domain name and support.
If you want more features, here is the premium rate 8 USD / month (billed annually).
Weebly is another all-in-one site builder. Most people find it very easy to use and it contains many layouts that you can use as a starting point for your site.
- All Weebly designs can be fully edited with the drag and drop interface. It is very simple for beginners and easy to use, even if you have never created a website before.
- There is an integrated e-commerce support with which you can receive donations. However, Weebly does charge a 3% transaction fee for sales through its website.
- There is an app center that you can use to add additional functionality to your site. There are several audio players that you can add, for example, to lecture on your site.
- The support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by email and during extended business hours (180.00 to 1800: 00 PST) you can contact them via live chat. If you are on Pro programming or later, you can also call them on the phone.
- If you are on the Pro Plan or later, you can create a membership area for your site. This means that you can protect the information that only community members should see.
- Unlike other website builders like Constant Contact, Weebly doesn't have an AI creation process. This means that it may take a little longer to create your site.
- The apps you can install are limited and you may not get the features that are as relevant as other website builders. For example, there is no special "sermon" application.
Your paid plans start at $ 6 per Month (billed annually). However, you cannot remove ads this way. You need the professional rate for 12 Pay USD / month if you want to remove ads and have unlimited storage.
Squarespace is a very popular website builder, which in turn offers an all-in-one platform.
It is easy to use and allows multiple users. This can be very helpful if you want to work more in your place at church.
- Adding photos, videos, and audio files is easy with Squarespace's block editor. This can be especially useful if you want to upload sermons to your site.
- There are many different templates in Squarespace.
- You can run a free trial without entering your credit card information.
- A large number of fonts are available with Squarespace. This can be useful if you want to match the fonts on your site to the specific fonts you use in printing.
- You can add collaborators (other users) to your site and have some control over the permissions they have. The personal plan only allows you 2 Taxpayers, but the other plans are unlimited.
- Squarespace handles images well so that your images look good on different devices. You can browse and select free images from Unsplash in Squarespace.
- If you are on the business plan or higher, you can receive donations through the site using the “Donate” block on one of the pages.
- There are no Squarespace templates specifically designed for churches. Community and nonprofit templates can be a good place to start, but they will probably change a lot.
- There are some third-party extensions for Squarespace, but not as many as you could get with another platform like WordPress.
- If you use the business plan instead of an e-commerce plan, Squarespace charges a 3% donation fee. This in addition to the fee charged by the payment processor.
The personal site plan is 12 USD per Month (if you pay annually).
We recommend that you enroll in the business plan. 18 USD / month to decide (also billed annually). This gives you access to premium blocks and extensions, as well as the opportunity to receive donations.
Committee of Experts: Who is the best builder of church sites?
WordPress is arguably the best developer of church sites. There is a reason why it is the world's most popular website builder with over 35% of all websites on the internet.
Contains dozens of church templates and layout customization options that allow you to build your church website without writing code.
From a cost perspective, it is Bluehost's most affordable web hosting offering that includes a free domain and free SSL.
With popular WordPress plugins, you can also quickly add features like donations, sermons, contact forms, photo galleries, memberships, email marketing, and more.
To create your church website, follow our step-by-step guide to creating a WordPress site (video included).
If you want a WordPress alternative, we recommend using the Constant Contact site builder. With the free plan, you can create a complete site for your church, even if you're on a tight budget. It seamlessly integrates with your marketing automation platform, allowing you to email newsletters to members of your community.
We hope this article has helped you learn more about the best church website creators. You can also check out our list of the best WordPress plugins for nonprofits.
If you liked this article, subscribe to our channel YouTube to watch WordPress tutorial videos. You can also find us at Twitter Y Facebook.