They are official Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+, the smartphones badge of Samsung for the second half of 2019. For the first time, a Galaxy Note It is offered in 2 different sizes, also bring a touch pen S Pen with gestural control.
The new ones Galaxy Note 10 seek to give us a lot of raw power, with screens of 6.8 inches (Note 10+) and 6.3 inches (Note 10), Exynos 9825 processor and up to 12 GB of RAM, the 5G being optionally available on the top model.
The smaller model mounts 3 rear cameras, while its "big brother" adds a fourth sensor, a ToF camera that measures depth.
Regarding the battery, they are 3,500 mAh and 4,300 mAh respectively, with wireless charging, and reverse charging option, which allows you to place a shared headset or mobile on the back to receive power
Despite all that these new ones have smartphonesOne of the striking aspects is that Samsung has decided remove the 3.5 mm headphone jack in both, and the microSD slot in the Galaxy Note 10, although it keeps it in the top model.
Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+, specifications
We talk about phones that are framed in the so-called "super high range", so the technical sheet of Galaxy Note 10 Stripe at a very high level. Let's see all the details:
- Screen: 6.3 "with 2.280 x 1.080 p (Note 10) or 6.8 "with 3,040 x 1,440 p, Dynamic AMOLED panel and HDR10 + support.
- Processor: Exynos 9825 with 8 cores.
- RAM: 8 GB (Note 10) or 12 GB (Note 10+).
- Storage: 256 GB (Note 10) or 256 GB / 512 GB (Note 10+)
- Rear camera: 12 MP f / 1.5 or f / 2.4 OIS + 16 MP f / 2.2 + 12 MP f / 2.1 OIS + VGA ToF (only Note 10+).
- Front camera: 10 MP f / 2.2, 80º angle.
- Connectivity: 4G / LTE Cat 20, WiFi 6 (ax), Bluetooth 5.0, positioning (GPS, Galileo, Glonass and Beidou) and NFC.
- Touchpen: S Pen with Bluetooth LE and gesture control, up to 10 hours of autonomy.
- Ports and sensors: USB-C and fingerprint reader on screen (without 3.5 mm jack).
- Drums: 3,500 mAh with load at 25 W (Note 10) or 4,300 mAh with load at 45 W (Note 10+).
- OS: Android 9 Pie.
Triple camera and better video recording
The quality is the cameras is the differential factor of the smartphones premium, and Samsung has opted for a combination of sensors with different functions. Let's see what each one does:
- 12 MP (main): The main sensor switches between an aperture f / 2.4 when the light is good and f / 1.5 at night shots, includes optical stabilization (OIS) and has a wide angle of 77º.
- 16 MP (ultra wide angle): it allows to capture more elements in the photos, such as groups of people or landscapes, thanks to the 123º angle. The aperture in this sensor is f / 2.2.
- 12 MP (telephoto): It allows us to zoom to zoom in, so it mounts OIS to improve sharpness, and a f / 2.1 sensor with 45º angle.
- ToF VGA (depth): the fourth sensor, intended to estimate distances, only includes the Galaxy Note 10+, with an aperture f / 1.4 and an angle of 72º. It is useful for both photography and augmented reality, from games like Pokémon Go to measuring the size of objects only with the camera of the mobile.
One of the aspects that improves this generation is the video. The main novelty has been baptized Live Focus Video, which allows you to apply the bokeh effect or portrait mode to real-time videos as we record.
Another innovation is the Zoom In Mic, which uses a directional microphone to record only the sound of a specific area If we zoom in the video. For example, when you zoom in on a person talking in a crowd, background noise is eliminated and heard more clearly.
In addition, the video stabilization using artificial intelligence, and now it works even when recording a timelapse.
Larger screens, and with centered selfie camera
The Galaxy Note 10+ takes your screen to a new maximum, with 6.8 inches diagonal. A surprising figure if we think that the first tablets on the market were 7 inches, but in this case we have some minimum bevels and sides slightly curved down.
This size has forced to launch a Galaxy Note 10 6.3 inches, easier to handle with one hand, and that feels surprisingly compact if we think about its diagonal.
Again we found a fingerprint sensor located under the Dynamic AMOLED panel, which Samsung claims is faster than the previous generation. The screen has reduced the emission of blue light by 40%, which some studies suggest is damaging the view.
Embedded in the screen we have a 10 MP f / 2.2 selfie camera with 80º angle, identical in both models. The hole that houses it is smaller than in the Galaxy S10, and being centered does not break the symmetry of the mobile, but it is more visible on a day-to-day basis.
Not forgetting the fingerprint reader, located under the panel itself, and that now performs faster unlocking.
S Pen with gestures and DeX that does not need base
The Samsung Galaxy Note They have always gone beyond other models, either because of their characteristics aimed at professionals, or the most demanding users.
The 2019 versions provide various improvements in the S Pen, starting with a battery that goes up to 10 hours of autonomy (compared to 30 minutes from its predecessor). In addition, the S Pen includes accelerometer and gyroscope, which allow gestures in the air to control the cameras:
- Vertical movement: We change from the front camera to the rear with a vertical gesture, both up and down.
- Lateral movement: We switch between the photo and video modes available.
- Circular movement: It is used to zoom out or zoom in if we press the S Pen button, draw a circle in the air (left or right) and release the button when the zoom is what we are looking for.
In addition, the notes we take with the S Pen will be more useful, with accurate writing recognition and greater export options, including to Word documents.
The desktop mode (or DeX), which lets us connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to a monitor and control its interface adapted with keyboard and mouse, now you only need a cable, not a connection base.
Added support to easily move files from desktop mode to the operating system of PCs or Macs, and Samsung has also reached an agreement to improve synchronization with Windows, including notifications, messages or calls.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+, price and availability
The new ones smartphones can be booked from today, August 7, and will be on sale next August 23. The available colors will be the following:
- Galaxy Note 10 available in Aura Glow, Aura Black and Aura Pink colors.
- Galaxy Note 10+ available in Ara Glow, Now Black and Aura White colors.
Regarding the prices for Spain, we still need to know what the version with 5G will cost, but all the others have already been confirmed:
- Galaxy Note 10 (8 GB + 256 GB) per € 959.
- Galaxy Note 10+ (12 GB + 256 GB) per € 1,109.
- Galaxy Note 10+ (12 GB + 512 GB) per € 1,209.
The new ones Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and 10+ they are a bet in the premium continuist range in some aspects, but for the first time they are offered in two sizes, they add a gestural S Pen and also eliminate the audio jack, enough elements to differentiate themselves from their predecessors.
What do you think of the new Galaxy Note 10? Do you think that models with different screen sizes are necessary?