After the publication of the Golden Master last week, we only had to wait a few days for the official watchOS 6 launch. watchOS 6 is now available for download in the Apple Watch Series 3 and Series 4, Series 1 and Series 2 must wait until autumn to do so. Keep in mind that to install watchOS 6 you must first have your iPhone updated to iOS 13, which just came out at the same time.
watchOS 6: these are all the news
New App Store for Apple Watch
In the past, to install an app in the Apple Watch We had to go to our iPhone. At We opened the Watch app and in the "App Store" section we searched and downloaded the necessary apps. We could also install the apps that we already had on the iPhone. This has now changed with watchOS 6.
From now on, we can go to the App Store app on our watch to search, browse and install the apps we want. All from the wrist and without resorting to iPhone. Finally, these apps will be independent of those of our mobile. You can use the search engine to scribble or dictate the app you want, in addition to browsing the categories of the App Store.
Apple ensures that there are thousands of apps in it. A quick glance reveals that most are focused on sport, meditation and fitness.
New series spheres
watchOS 6 brings us more spheres created by Apple. They are a total of seven spheres, with the following characteristics:
- Meridian: on a white background we will have four circular complications.
- California: a more classic dial with a dark blue background and a complication.
- Compact modular: shows a round circular sphere along with a complication and a wide module.
- Solar sphere: combine different circumferences to show the solar position.
- Gradient: Shows the time on a gradient colored background.
- Bicolor numbers: shows the hour and minutes with large numbers of two colors.
- Monochrome numbers: a large number shows the time with a single color, accompanied by the three hands.
New apps for Voice Memos, Audiobooks, Calculator, Noise and Cycle Control
watchOS 6 also brings us other news in the form of new apps. Four of them are adapted versions of its iPhone counterpart. Voice notes It allows us to make audio recordings from the same clock, while Audiobooks collects these types of books that we have in Apple Books to listen to them without the need to carry the iPhone. Calculator finally brings this utility to a Apple Watch.
Noise is a completely new app. Measure the noise level in your environment, telling you if decibels exceed I recommend it. It is also able to send you notifications when they exceed 90 decibels.
As for Cycle Control, it is an app designed to measure menstrual cycles. In this app, women can write down everything related to the period and fertility to help in your monitoring. You will be able to write down the symptoms, write down the ovulation tests, readings of a basal thermometer and receive notifications when your fertile period begins.
Other improvements and novelties of watchOS 6
watchOS 6 also brings under the arm a series of small novelties, but interesting. Let's see them all:
- The Taptic Engine can now give you touches on the wrist at the hours. We can also set a sound to let us know.
- We will have a Trends section in the iPhone Activity app. It serves to inform us of how our progress is in different activity metrics such as hours of walking, kilometers traveled or calories burned.
- There are several new complications, including the probability of rain, cell signal strength and decibels.
- Siri can now identify songs and show you your lyrics from your wrist, as well as show results from web pages.
- The Animoji and Memoji stickers are added to the iMessage app.
- Developers can integrate the streaming audio for music apps, podcasts and radio. That is, apps like Spotify can incorporate this function in their own app.
Share watchOS 6 now available for Apple Watch Series 3 and Series 4: these are all the news