Kodi, perhaps it is the best multimedia center that exists right now, one of the multimedia management applications that has endless possibilities, possibilities that are extended with the add-ons that can be installed. With these addons You can do everything with this development and an example is the use of Spotify.
This development has its own complements, that is to say official complememtos, but there are also others from third parties that allow to expand their functions. From the official Kodi search engine itself, you can install it from Twitch until YouTube, but one of the applications that cannot be installed from the work itself is Spotify. To be able to install it it is necessary to resort to a additional repository and, if you want to know how to be able to have the music you like most with Spotify in this multimedia center, we will show you step by step.
Does Xiaomi advertising bother you? So you can remove it on a phone with MIUI
One detail that is important: you must take into account before starting the installation process is that it only works if you have a Spotify Premium account, if it is not like that, do not try it since you will not be able to take advantage of what we are going to indicate.
Installing everything you need to use Spotify
The first thing to do is allow the installation of unknown origins, because if we do not perform this step previously we will not be able to do anything.
- You have to start Kodi and go to the System Settings, look for the Addons section and check the box Unknown origins in the General section.
- If this option does not appear, click on the bottom of the left side menu until the word appears Expert. When you have finished this step, return to the Kodi home page.
- As we have commented previously in order to install Spotify we need install an external repository what's it gonna be marcelveldt. In order to continue you will need to download the .ZIP file, you can do it by clicking in this link and save it in the folder you want.
- Then enter Kodi again and click on the Addons option found in the menu on the right side.
- Then, click on the icon that is a open box and choose the option “Install from a .zip file”
- Now you have to find the folder on your computer where you saved in the first step the .zip file What did you download? Select it by clicking on it.
- When you have done it, a message will appear that puts you the repository is ready. You can check it by going to the list of addons that you have installed.
How to rotate the videos you have recorded on your Android phone
Install Spotify on Kodi, and you will have finished
Now we only have to install the own complement of Spotify, once we have installed the external repository. To do this, follow these steps:
- Return to the home screen of Kodi
- Then select the option Add-ons and click again on the open box icon
- You have to follow the same steps we did in the previous installation, only now you have to select Install from repository
- It will take you to a screen where you have to select the repository that you have installed that is, Marcelveldt´s BETA repositoy
- In the repository that we have installed several add-ons are included, but we are only interested in one, so you have to select Music addons
- A list will appear in which you must select Spotify
- Then choose the option Install, in this way we proceed to the installation and once finished you can listen to Spotify
To be able to listen to your favorite music you will have to enter your credentials, for this you have to go to the Addon Configuration and … voilà! You already have Spotify in your multimedia center, which is also very useful because it consumes less resources than if you use the web version.