WhatsApp is working on the beta of its app for iOS 9
As on other occasions, the WhatsApp developer team has already put to work in the development of the new version of the messaging application that will be compatible with the also next version of the mobile operating system of Apple, iOS 9, and in which they will implement some of the novelties that have been included by the Californian firm thanks to the new APIs.
These beta versions of the famous cross-platform messaging application, Whatsapp, they are only available for a group of users, however they have already been able to see some of the news that they have included so far for the next iOS 9.
All the news of WhatsApp beta for the next iOS 9
First of all, it should be noted that the developers are currently working on two versions of the application. The first version will be released soon and this will basically include bug fixes, the second and most interesting version will be the one that arrives with numbering 2.12.5 and which will be available later. In this next update of WhatsApp we can find the following news:
- New tools arrive to be able to modify the photos before sending it. So far it is only possible to rotate the photos from 90º to 90º, while in this update we can find the possibility of rotating it from 1º to 1º, just as we can do in the native iOS Photos application.
- Whatsapp will give the possibility to manage the file in case the iPhone needs to free memory. In this case the conversations, especially those that include different multimedia files and that makes them very heavy, the app will help us locate them and will suggest how to free up space intelligently.
- By clicking on the photo camera icon, which is located on the right side of the box where it is written, we can choose new options to take photos. For example, we can find the 1: 1 mode, which allows us to take square photos, just like we can do with the Camera application.
- It will be possible to choose a custom wallpaper for each contact.
- We can also choose a different notification tone for each contact, thus getting to know who has written to us without having to see the phone.
- We can also find the option "Mark as read / unread". This new option will help us to ignore the messages without having to open all the conversations or even to configure how to read the messages that include an action that we have to perform and which we have to remember later.
- Finally with iOS 9 we can respond to WhatsApp messages directly from notifications, just like we can do with iMessage. To be able to use this features, you will simply have to drag the notification down to make the drawer appear to write our quick response, without opening the application.
- The possibility of silencing individual chats for several hours, a day or a week will come. Remember that this option is currently only available in groups.
In addition, application developers are working to make the WhatsApp Web application compatible with iOS. Remember that this is still a beta version, so it is likely that when iOS 9 officially arrives the WhatsApp application arrives with more news, in addition to those indicated in this article.