Xiaomi is a Chinese company co-founded by Lei Jun and seven partners on April 6, 2010. Google was very involved in the initial configuration of the company, being the senior product manager of Google China one of the partners. Only a few months later, Xiaomi launched its own Android-based MIUI firmware, which looked like Samsung's TouchWiz and iOS's Apple. Xiaomi is very popular in Spain achieving great sales since its arrival in the country.
While many people can see Xiaomi as a hardware company, it is as much a software and internet company as anything else. While they may be better known for their smartphones and various smartphone accessories, Xiaomi is also very involved in other areas of consumer electronics, such as smart home devices.
Xiaomi Mi A3
The new Xiaomi Mi A3 Xiaomi mid-range is an Android One phone with a 48Mp triple lens camera, integrated fingerprint sensor and 4,030mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 presents a new glass design, which moves away from the resistant but somewhat outdated metal shells. And the Mi A3 still likes to keep it as safe as possible as evidenced by the choice of Gorilla Glass 5 for both the front and the back.
The camera is probably the most interesting new part, now it has a 48MP primary trigger and an 8MP ultra wide angle snapper. The third eye is a depth sensor, which may seem useless, but its portraits always surprise us.
Xiaomi Mi A3 specifications
- Body: aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back;
- Screen: 6.01 “Super AMOLED, resolution of 1,560x720px, aspect ratio of 19.5: 9, 286ppi;
- Triple rear camera: Wide angle: 48MP f / 1.8, 1/2 ”, pixel size of 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide: 8MP, f / 2.2, pixel size of 1.12µm; Depth sensor: 2MP, f / 2.4; 2160p @ 30fps.
- Frontal camera: 32MP, pixel size of 0.8 µm, f / 2.0; 1080p / 30fps video recording.
- SW: Android 9 Pie; Android One
- Chip set : Qualcomm Snapdragon 665: octa-core CPU (4 × 2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold and 4 × 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver), Adreno 610 GPU.
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM; 64 / 128GB of storage; Hybrid microSD slot (uses SIM2)
- Drums: 4,030mAh Li-Po (sealed); 18W fast charge.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-band carrier aggregation, Cat.15 / 13 (800Mbps / 150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a / b / g / n / ac; Bluetooth 5.0
- Other information: fingerprint reader under the screen; single down speaker; 3.5mm connector
The Mi A3 retail box contains what you would expect from the package of a middle ranger: a USB-C cable, a 10 W charger and inside the paper compartment is a dark gray silicone case.
It is worth noting that while Mi A3 supports 18W (Quick Charge 3.0), Xiaomi does not send the phone with a QC3-compatible charger. However, they are no longer so expensive, so it is not a problem.
Many Chinese phones generally have a factory-pre-applied screen protector, but the Mi A3 is not among those. It comes with Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both sides and we can understand why Xiaomi decided not to have a protector.
You can get it in the online store lan-mi.es at a price of € 239.99 with official guarantee in Spain.