This year, various companies like Huawei, Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi or others, have launched devices with very interesting and advanced features. However, the more complex the functions of a smartphone, the more complicated its repair could become.
In fact, there are times when users must go to official technical support, which could significantly increase the waste of money. Even the brands themselves prefer to change one device for another instead of having to repair it, but only if it is within the warranty period.
Therefore, based on the specialized iFixit medium, we will show you what the smartphones with greater level of complexity in its repair. 10 is the easiest and 0 the most difficult.
If you are interested in knowing the reparability of smartphones that came out in 2018, you can take a look at this link.
Are you ready? Let's get started!
Huawei P30 Pro
Repairability: 4 of 10
- Only one screwdriver was needed to handle all the screws.
- Battery replacement is possible, if you are willing to fight through the glue.
- Highly bonded glass both front and rear means a greater risk of breakage and makes it difficult to start repairs.
- Screen repairs require a lot of disassembly while fighting the tough adhesive.
Samsung Galaxy S10 +
Repairability: 3 of 10
- A single screwdriver worked to remove all the screws.
- Many components are modular and can be replaced independently, although the charging port is welded to the motherboard.
- You have to fight with a very strong adhesive and screen repairs require a lot of disassembly.
- The glass on the front and rear implies a greater risk of breakage.
- Battery replacement is possible, but extremely difficult.
Huawei Mate 20x
Repairability: 4 of 10
- Many components are modular and can be replaced independently.
- The battery can be accessed after removing the back cover and the middle frame.
- The front and rear glued glass represent a greater risk of breakage, while hindering the start-up of all repairs.
- Screen repairs will require almost complete disassembly.
iPhone XS / XS Max
Repairability: 6 of 10
*These devices are from 2018, so we will have to wait for Apple launch your new models.
- Easy access to the battery
- The Face ID remains without problems, since hardware extraction is practically minimal.
- Screws are uncommon and complicated to remove.
- Broken rear glass requires a complete chassis replacement.
The year is not over yet, so iFixit will continue to perform reparability analysis. We will be aware of new devices.
The entry What are the smartphones 2019 high-end harder to repair? It was first published on a side.